We all have that one friend.....

This is a discussion on We all have that one friend..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You know? A person who would be considered the village idiot but for some reason is awesome with weapons? Practices perfect gun safety, clears a ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 2 Post By Arborigine

Thread: We all have that one friend.....

We all have that one friend.....

You know? A person who would be considered the village idiot but for some reason is awesome with weapons? Practices perfect gun safety, clears a weapon before giving it to you, doesn't flag you, doesn't do stupid stuff in general when it concerns weapons. Someone who at first impression you wouldnt want standing next to you with a butter knife but after you see them in action it leaves you scratching your head in wonder. A good person in general, but just not quite all there.

I got a friend like that, anyone else?

2. Remove Ads

I got a friend like that we all still wonder how he became a LEO but he ia damn good at what he does.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I don't have any friends. Except GhostMaker,Memphiscbrider,NoName762,and ThePilgrim.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I dont have friends....I have people that will be sacrificed last in the zombie apocalypse
    smolck likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    One in four people have a mental imbalance,
    Look around at your three closest friends,
    If they all look OK, You must be the one!

I don"t know who this quote is from but its always stuck with me! When I first heard it I was with three close friends who looked at each other and busted up laughing. Because some where out there there were four other groups that just wont get it!

What ever you do hang on to that friend! Finding a shooting partner that doesn't do dumb stuff is not easy! DR

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    One in four people have a mental imbalance,
    Look around at your three closest friends,
    If they all look OK, You must be the one!

I don"t know who this quote is from but its always stuck with me! When I first heard it I was with three close friends who looked at each other and busted up laughing. Because some where out there there were four other groups that just wont get it!

What ever you do hang on to that friend! Finding a shooting partner that doesn't do dumb stuff is not easy! DR
    Isn't that the truth! Recently went with a trio of people...er acquaintances...that I'd never been shooting with. After a half hour of shifting around to avoid barrel sweep and reminding them to keep it pointed down range, I left. I tried on a later date to give them all a brief synopsis of range and shooter safety. Unfortunately it fell on deaf ears. They simply, had no concept.

OP, hang on to that friend. Perhaps he'll be a good resource down the road - if he isn't already.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

One in four you say? Wonder which one I am?

My friend you'd think he is a goof, nothing suits him more than talking like he is in a middle school boys locker room. But get him on the range teaching some one or at a gun show talking to people. he is smooth and knowledgeable.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    When you run with mall ninjas, you don't need friends. Gecko35, Col. Flagg, and Paul Blart are all i need.

Seriously, true friends are few and far between. Keep them close.
    blitzburgh and SmokinFool like this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    I have a few friends like that. Love 'em to death and man have they been there for me quite a few times.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    All of my friends are sharp, witty, careful, deliberate,safe and very professional at what they do.

The only idiots that I know are Politicians.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

When I was young one of the guys we hung around had a younger brother. Back then I'm sure he was classified as retarded. He didn't have any friends of his own so he hung out with us. Although we were cordial, we never really paid much attention to him . One time we were standing around the bonefire after riding dirt bikes and he comes over and starts talking to me. I wasn't much of a drinker but I'm sure I had a couple of beers. The only reason I mention alcohol is because I suspect it slowed me down or relaxed me enough to actually listen to what he was saying. I can't remember the topic but at some point during his monologue it dawned on me that this kid was actually pretty intelligent. Uneducated and unable to express himself for sure, but not stupid. I looked in his eyes and I could see he knew he had gotten through to me. He always seemed to like me after that. Life carried me away into circles he couldn't go but I'd consider him a friend. Last year I heard his wife had died. I never even knew he'd gotten married. I went to the service and when he saw me in the pews his eyes lit up and he started introducing me as his accountant.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I think I'M that friend...

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Yeah I have a couple of those

Links