What's up with my Glock?

This is a discussion on What's up with my Glock? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just bought a 33-round magazine for my Glock 19. To my surprise, the magazine is very much slants to the right as it extends ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What's up with my Glock?

What's up with my Glock?

I just bought a 33-round magazine for my Glock 19. To my surprise, the magazine is very much slants to the right as it extends down from the frame. Is this normal? Upon closer inspection, it almost looks like the handle is angled to the right. I never noticed this, but the excessive length of the extended magazine made this apparent. I'll try to get pics up later if this is an anomaly.

Jared

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Take a pic with the mag inserted laying on it's side on a hard flat surface.

I need to see a pic of this, sounds very odd. Is this a Glock OEM mag or one of the aftermarket ones?

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    yes...pic please...something very wrong with this picture
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member
    What's up with my Glock magazine?

Fixed your question for you. I never understand why people want a goofy looking 20-30 something round magazine hanging out of the gun. Ya, I get it - you got lots of rounds.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Without a pic I am going to need to see this in person.

Send me your gun and magazine in question and I will diagnose the problem for a few years............. and then you can come pick it up.

See, that was easy......

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Nothing... Glocks are perfect, their magazines are too!

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post

Fixed your question for you.
    Not so fast. Maybe the magazine is perfect and the handle is bent. We need pics!

@ pricewood: were you able to fire all 33 rounds? ...And who pissed you off that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post

Fixed your question for you. I never understand why people want a goofy looking 20-30 something round magazine hanging out of the gun. Ya, I get it - you got lots of rounds.
    I have several 33 round G18 mags.....'cause you just never know.

joker1 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I swear there is a curve, but I can't get a good pic.You can't see anything when the gun is laid on its side. It can't be canted more than one or two degrees when the mag is pressed leftward against the frame due to some wiggle room between the mag and frame. It's just one of those things that you know is there. Or, maybe my eyes are crooked. My wife saw it too though. It really isn't a big deal. I shoot this gun more accurately than anything else I own. Maybe I'm just paranoid since I just had a new Ruger Vaquero and RIA 1911 fixed for truly canted front sights.

Oh, and I have a 33-round magazine because I can, and because I finally got one from Midway for $35. IMGP0471.jpgIMGP0473.jpgIMGP0475.jpgIMGP0477.jpgIMGP0480.jpgIMGP0481.jpg

On a reference note, this is a 2013 Gen 3 model Glock that is made in the USA. It also has erratic ejections so bad that my wife refused to shoot it (excessive cleavage :) ). I put a 30274 ejector in it. We'll see how it works out.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    No I see it, but I'm not so sure that it is enough to be an issue.

Man I "need" to get me one of those.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

It looks to me like it is leaning in the direction of the side on which the magazine latches (right side as seen from rear). Since the magazine is longer, that "pull" to the right may just seem exaggerated. I wouldn't be concerned as long as everything functions properly.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Nix
    I see it as well. If you lay the Glock flat on it's right side (starboard) and then left side (port), do you see a difference in the way it lays? Can you see a curve or bend in the handle?

But... but... Perfection?

Yeah, see it in pic 1. My guess would be that the weight of the ammo makes it hang to the right, since the magazine catch is on the right. Nothing i'd lose sleep over.

And "excessive cleavage" is like "excessive firepower." THERE IS NO SUCH *&$%#/!* THING.
    DontTreadOnI, Taurahe and joker1 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

have you shot it and if it functions ok, what's the worry?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links