My New/Old M&P

My New/Old M&P

This is a discussion on My New/Old M&P within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Several months ago I read somewhere that I could convert my M&P 40c to a 9mm simply by changing out the barrel and using 9mm ...

Thread: My New/Old M&P

My New/Old M&P

Several months ago I read somewhere that I could convert my M&P 40c to a 9mm simply by changing out the barrel and using 9mm magazines. Seeing as I could not afford a new pistol, I figured this would be a great/cheap way to satisfy my desires and give me something to look forward to (Midway had them on backorder). So, I placed an order for a factory Smith and Wesson replacement barrel for the 9mm compact and tried to resist checking my order status every 30 minutes. I was very excited and began my search for a couple of 9mm magazines. Four months later and all I get are sad shakes of the head or giggles every time I go to the LGS and ask for any good news on the M&P magazine front. I feel like a panhandler. Maybe I should stand in front of the LGS with a sign that says "will work for magazines". I don't need 50 of the darn things. I'm not trying to prep for the next Yellowstone Super Volcano eruption. I just want to try out my new barrel! MODS, please feel free to move this thread if this isn't the appropriate place for my sad and depressing story.

I was at a gun show in VA this past weekend and they were selling M&P mags for between $79 and $99....I don't get why they're so much.

Links