.22LR availability getting better and better

This is a discussion on .22LR availability getting better and better within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two LGS consistently getting .22LR now, and I'm now up to my pre-December stock numbers, buying bulk at .04 to .05/rd for Fed Automatch solids ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mprp

Thread: .22LR availability getting better and better

.22LR availability getting better and better

Two LGS consistently getting .22LR now, and I'm now up to my pre-December stock numbers, buying bulk at .04 to .05/rd for Fed Automatch solids and Remington Golden Bullets. I'm going to up my stocks considerably so that in the next craziness I don't approach empty again, but this is looking good.

I did see something new at Dick's the other day - AE 40-rd packs, for $3.99 each I left them there, obviously. Never saw 40-rd packs before... makes me think of the 1.25gal tubs of ice cream.

5.56 is consistently available now as well at the same stores, and 9mm is getting better. .40, .45, and .38SPL are now commonplace. I haven't been shooting .357 much at all, and haven't been looking at shelves for that.

2. Remove Ads

And even better, I'm seeing more and more ads of people trying to unload ammo they hoarded, probably on credit figuring they could sell them at a huge profit before the interest built up too much. Hold on while I try to muster a tear for them.

Good to hear. Reloading components have a long ways to go, but there is at least limited availability.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

VIP Member
    Congrats on being able to find it. My understanding is it is showing up in the stores here, but is gone as fast as they can stock it still. Sometimes being at work at 6:30AM every morning sucks.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Congrats on being able to find it. My understanding is it is showing up in the stores here, but is gone as fast as they can stock it still. Sometimes being at work at 6:30AM every morning sucks.
    This has also been my problem. Having to be at work during the times when shipments come in, I am left with nothing but leftovers which ends up being not much at all. On my way back from Iowa a couple of weeks ago I did, to my surprise, find a pound of IMR 4064 at a Scheels in Utah. It was the last one that they had and I felt lucky. In fact, I felt lucky enough to stop in Wendover, NV and even took a couple of hundred bucks from their craps table that ended up almost paying for all of my ammo / reloading purchases on my trip. During the trip I was able to scrounge up 2 boxes of 550, Rem. 22 LR as well along with some .223 among other things.
    NH_Esau likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I am seeing more available but mostly it's still priced a bit above what I'm willing to pay.

I haven't started looking yet, and don't believe I will, until I hear that ammo is not only available but also reasonably priced. How long will that take? I wish I knew. But I should have enough still on hand to get me through until then.

Sure would like to see some of that New Hampshah supply see its way out here. AZ has 6.5 million (legal) residents, and I think 5 million of 'em are all shooters. Haven't seen .22 LR in months.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I haven't seen it, but then I don't stand in a line waiting for the stores to open either.

Links