Military/Government Magazines: have questions about if I can sell, how to, etc.

This is a discussion on Military/Government Magazines: have questions about if I can sell, how to, etc. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello, I have 5 magazines that are military/gov't use only. They were my Father's, who passed away in 2010, and was an Army veteran. I ...

Thread: Military/Government Magazines: have questions about if I can sell, how to, etc.

Question Military/Government Magazines: have questions about if I can sell, how to, etc.

Hello, I have 5 magazines that are military/gov't use only. They were my Father's, who passed away in 2010, and was an Army veteran. I found them in his stuff and am unsure of what to do with them. After a ton of internet research, I am still confused.

Here are their specs:
    1. Kay Industries, 33710, 4-99, has "restricted military/gov't/law enforcement..." imprint.
    2. FN Mnfg, 3S679, no date, no restricted imprint.
    3. Sanchez Ent, no mfg code, no date, no restricted imprint.
    4. Center Industries, 6P199, 12/02, has restricted imprint.
    5. Center Industries, 6P199, 10/01, has restricted imprint.

Questions:

1. Can I sell them? If not, what do I do with them? (and the following questions won't matter!)

If yes:

2. Does the pre-ban/post-ban issue still apply? Do the dates still matter? If yes, which ones can I sell?
    3. Where can I sell them online?
    4. Are there any selling restrictions?
    5. Is there any way to find out an approximate value, so I know how much to ask?

Any other information that you think would be necessary, please feel free to inform me. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    1. Yes you can sell them except in states that forbid them.
    2. No the ban does not apply except in the states that forbid them.
    3. Gunbroker is always a good place.
    4. There are some states that restrict them, except for that you are fine.
    5. Look around on gun broker for prices. Price them near that.

This is the magazine restrictions that ProMag list. If you follow those, you should be okay.

California: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 10 rounds to anyone in California or anyone using a billing address in the state of California.

Hawaii: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 10 rounds that may fit a handgun to anyone in Hawaii or anyone using a billing address in the state of Hawaii.

Illinois: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 12 rounds to anyone in Chicago, IL or anyone using a billing address in Chicago, IL. We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 15 rounds to anyone in Aurora, IL or anyone using a billing address in Aurora, IL.

Maryland: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 20 rounds to anyone in Maryland or anyone using a billing address in the state of Maryland.

Massachusetts: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 10 rounds to anyone in Massachusetts or anyone using a billing address in the state of Massachusetts.

New Jersey: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 15 rounds to anyone in New Jersey or anyone using a billing address in the state of New Jersey.

New York: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 7 rounds to anyone in New York or anyone using a billing address in the state of New York.

Ohio: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 30 rounds to anyone in Ohio or anyone using a billing address in the state of Ohio.

You are authorized to sell them as long as they were not serialized issue gear

Thanks for the replies and very useful information. Besides gunbroker, what other websites are good to sell them on?

I think you can sell them here after you have 25 post?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

It's 50...haha, I don't know if I know that much about guns and stuff to be able to post that much?

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Throw em' in your local classified.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Links