Fnh 9mm vs m&p 40cal vs glock 22

This is a discussion on Fnh 9mm vs m&p 40cal vs glock 22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good day to all. I am looking for a full size pistol but I am stuck on what to go for. I have looked at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fnh 9mm vs m&p 40cal vs glock 22

Fnh 9mm vs m&p 40cal vs glock 22

Good day to all. I am looking for a full size pistol but I am stuck on what to go for. I have looked at alot of options but am drawn between a couple choices. What I have been looking at a glock 22 (I think it is a little over priced), a fnh 9mm, and a m&p 40. I am going this Saturday to hopefully pick one of these up. But I am trying to gather all the information I can in till then. I do know about the safety facts on them. First thing I research because I do have kids and they are very good at sneaking and getting to high places. This I one area that I am turned of on by glock. The m&p and fnh seem to have your typical safety options with a difference here and there. I will be using the pistol for a couple things other then concealed carry. I am able to carry or my job and was told I have to have a full size and not a compact or I would just us my pt740 slim. I am looking for advice on what one to go for. With what I do know I am leaning for the m&p or the fnh. But that is because price and safety.

2. Remove Ads

I've had a G22 since 2000 and never jad an issue. About the safety and kids. You need to have it locked up, its the law. Even with a normal safety, a kid can take the safety off and shoot it. Mine is all stock internally. Great accuracy. I can hit a 10 inch target at 100 yards with it.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

They are both great looking guns and both companies have great reputations. As far as kids go I have my grands living with us. Their mom and dad know I have a gun. When its not locked in it's steel carrying case, it is on my person. If or better yet when, they finally notice it, we'll sit down and have a real talk about guns and what they are for. There is a inexpensive steel gun case that Amazon sells called GunVault NANO. They list for about $30 - $35 but Amazon sells them for around $20-$25.

When I am home I keep all weapons looked up in a double lock safe. My biggest thing is from what I have seen (endless I am over looking it) is the only safety on the glock on the trigger it self. Don't get me wrong I will admit flocks are reliable and durable. I guess with me it is just over paranoid when it comes to safety.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Glock being overpriced, especially since FNH's are the priciest of the three you named. M&P and Glocks are around the same price.

A lot of people fret about the Glock's lack of a safety and kids getting their hands on them. The issue isn't the safety. The issue is kids getting a hand of them. Period. Secure your firearm so that they never do. Because if they find it, safety or not (unless you use a trigger lock) they will flip all the levers until it works and then boom. Secure your guns and you'll be fine.

All three choices are great and should serve you well. All three are LE and/or military proven. You won't go wrong with any of them. Just rent and shoot all three. The right one will rise to the top, at least the one that meets your ergonomics and style of shooting.

Good luck and let us know what you ended up getting!
    GhostMaker likes this.

From the price hunting I have done. I can get the fnh new for 400$, the m&p used for 450$, an the glock new for 597$. With my lock box me and my wife are the only ones that can get to them. We made a deal that the only way I can get anything I have to get a finger print lock. I like the extra safety because say I am sitting at my desk and I take and set it down then run to the next room, I have that extra time to get back. Like I said I am not trying to down grade glock not by far if anything I am trying to be convinced what would be the best for my buck. I have time using all but the m&p.

$597 for a new Glock is crazy. Mine was $500 brand new. Used they are $350-400.

Wish I lived in your area. For me to get it at the 597$ I have to travel almost an hour. I'm not to worried about the travel because my car is great on gas. But in my area that is the normal price or at least from dealers that have a good reputation.

I don't know your finances but I recommend not letting the extra money stop you from getting what you want. Out of curiosity how come you are considering two 9mm models and one .40sw model ?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1100us View Post
    $597 for a new Glock is crazy. Mine was $500 brand new. Used they are $350-400.

Depends on where you live, bro.

The OP lives close to me and believe me, that price is accurate. Finding any Glock for under six bills brand new is just about impossible for this area.

Our home prices up here are higher as well. Incomes are typically higher. It's all relative.

Surprising price on the FN, though, typically from what I have seen they are usually priced higher than either the Glock or S&W.

I own two of your choices(M&P40 and Gen4 Glock22), M&P40/357Sig is my EDC weapon mainly because of the fit in the hand and the integrated Crimson Trace Laser Grip I have attached. The Gen4 Glock22 is one of my home defense weapons that I may carry on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    I don't know your finances but I recommend not letting the extra money stop you from getting what you want. Out of curiosity how come you are considering two 9mm models and one .40sw model ?
    The fnh is a 9mm and the other two are 40. The wife is only letting me do 500$ max. Even with that I had to haggle with her. If I as was to spend for what I really wanted it would pick up a python or a magnum.

Fnh makes the FNS that comes in a kit with a 9mm and 40 top slide assembly basically giving 2 weapons. But you would be good with any of the manufacturers mentioned three eccellent options

You could also check gunbroker.com might be able to find s decent used price on some of these. My brother is currently selling a FNP 40 in FDE that he has barely shot for like 500-550 on there right now.

I use gunbroker for price checking alot of the time. But my only thing stopping me from ordering off there is I need one by this weekend for a job I have on Sunday. And I have a compact but my boss will not let me is it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links