Pink .22LR Pistols?

This is a discussion on Pink .22LR Pistols? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello I'm trying to find my wife a pink gun for her birthday... I'm not really sure why it has to be pink but when ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Lish
  • 1 Post By rogertc1
  • 1 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: Pink .22LR Pistols?

Question Pink .22LR Pistols?

Hello I'm trying to find my wife a pink gun for her birthday... I'm not really sure why it has to be pink but when we got together she hated guns and never wanted me to have mine out or even want them in the house. Well since she actually shot one she now enjoys it and actually said that she would be ok with a gun for her birthday as long as it is pink and she wants just a .22LR pistol. Beretta makes a U22 Neos that we've shot before and enjoyed and there use to be pink inlay grips for them but Beretta discontinued them according to their customer rep that I've talked to. I really want this pink grip but can not seem to find it anywhere... I've been told by my local gun dealer that he can get the Black ones and I'm wondering if I should go that route or if I should keep looking... I LOVE the price of the gun and I've read SEVERAL reviews that says it will shoot bulk box walmart ammo all day with no jams (I thought about the Sig Misqueto but I guess that requires the CCI Ammo plus it's more expensive). Does anyone know where I can get the Pink Inlay grips for the U22 Neos and or where I can find pink tiped .22 ammo.... I have a hornady Critical Defense for my .44 and I thought they made a pink one for the .22 but I can not find it anymore. PLEASE any help would be great as I think I've looked everywhere!!

2. Remove Ads

This is simply my opinion...and comes from a woman who would love a pink gun...don't pick based on color. What does she shoot well? Has she shot something she likes? Can you go to a range with rentals?

Any gun can be made pink with Duracoat, Hogue grips or whatever. I feel her, I really do - I'd much rather have a pink gun and one of these days I'll be willing to let mine go long enough for painting... But it's better to have a black gun you can shoot well, than a pretty one that you hate to shoot.

As far as the grips you mention (if SHE likes the gun, check eBay - that may be your beat bet for a discontinued item)
    bmcgilvray and SmokinFool like this.

I agree ^^^^^ maybe Duracoat

Go to gun broker and search with pink pistol... they are out threr

New Blue Savige rascal for wall of diversity

SmokinFool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    This is simply my opinion...and comes from a woman who would love a pink gun...don't pick based on color.

My hero!
    Lish likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Beaverdunker, that is quite a first post (and user name).

Welcome to the forum!
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

consider a Ruger LCR. If you can't find a special edition that comes with the pink grips you can get them on Ruger's accessories webpage.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

My wife has a factory pink ISSC M22 that she loves

Distinguished Member
    Get her a smith 642 with no lock in pink grips
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I would recommend letting her pick it out, so she has the gun she wants. If you can't find it in pink or with pink grips, there are ways of making that happen after you own the gun.

Oh, and welcome to DC. Feel free to come back and post some more when you have the chance.

Ruger SR-22...maybe in pink.

Links