When can we discuss Zimmerman?

This is a discussion on When can we discuss Zimmerman? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I understand why there was a ban on Zimmerman threads. There was no new information coming forth and basiclly it turned into a disaster. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: When can we discuss Zimmerman?

When can we discuss Zimmerman?

I understand why there was a ban on Zimmerman threads. There was no new information coming forth and basiclly it turned into a disaster. The trial is starting soon and there is news that will be coming out frequently. I just read that the jury will be sequestered.

Anyhoo, this is not a Zimmerman thread, but wondering if we can start talking about it again.

I am sure with the appropriate and superb moderation that the excellent staff of DC will provides daily, we can have a rational calm discussion of the issue...
    NH_Esau, Bhamrichard and ccw9mm like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    HLN will monitor it all day, every day. Let me know when it's finally over. Watching jury selection is about exciting as watching the NFL draft. "The Zimmerman team's got 15 minutes left on the clock. Who's going to be their next pick?" Tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .
    mprp, Dennis1209 and Arborigine like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Wasn't he a short stop for the Dodgers?
    miller_man likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I would so love to be on that jury.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    I would so love to be on that jury.
    Which is one reason why the topic became verboten in the first place.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Honestly, I don't want to hear anything about Z until his verdict comes through. That's the only part I care about at this point. As long as he has a fair trial, all I need is the verdict.
    Arborigine likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

It's going to be a very interesting case. The poor jurors are in for a long ride.
    nicholasv00 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

This is perhaps the best publicized SD case that is relevant to what this entire forum is about that we have ever seen.

My personal feelings are that this is way more important to the issues of SD than topics like OC, CC, or a stupid " Wally World " walk.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    This is perhaps the best publicized SD case that is relevant to what this entire forum is about that we have ever seen.

My personal feelings are that this is way more important to the issues of SD than topics like OC, CC, or a stupid " Wally World " walk.
    Agreed. Unfortunately this is probably the most racially charged publicized case since OJ. When discussed in an open forum someone will either start spouting off racist remarks or someone else will start accusing people that disagree with their point of view as being racist whether their remarks are racist or not. I'd like to believe we are all adults and can have a real discussion about this but alas...there are idiots everywhere.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I agree, too bad it wasn't more clear cut to set good precident for us, but then I guess if it was, it wouldn't be prosecuted and it wouldn't be a story.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    We could talk about Zorro can't we ??? he had a sword
    Darrow75 likes this.

+1000 for that........regardless of what "side" someone is on this case brings out many issues that are relevant
    1. escalation/descalation
    2. training
    3. mindset
    4. ability to judge a possible threat
    5. different ways of handling a scenario (shoot to stop the threat, retreat, H2H, less than lethal force)
    6. what to do after a shooting
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

One of the First rules of self defense that I learned, never pursue a threat. There you go, case closed and I never mentioned race once!

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    We could talk about Zorro can't we ??? he had a sword
    That could be an issue too...he was referred to as "The Gay Blade" wasn't he?
    welder516 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I understand why there was a ban on Zimmerman threads. There was no new information coming forth and basiclly it turned into a disaster. The trial is starting soon and there is news that will be coming out frequently. I just read that the jury will be sequestered.

Anyhoo, this is not a Zimmerman thread, but wondering if we can start talking about it again.

I am sure with the appropriate and superb moderation that the excellent staff of DC will provides daily, we can have a rational calm discussion of the issue...
    We do not speak of the Z word here. For doing so, you must go to detention for 40 days and 40 nights.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links