I went with a Marlin...

This is a discussion on I went with a Marlin... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A while back I posted this thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ion-22-lr.html Asking which bolt action 22LR I should buy for plinking and small game hunting. After more research ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I went with a Marlin...

I went with a Marlin...

A while back I posted this thread: Which Bolt action 22 LR?

Asking which bolt action 22LR I should buy for plinking and small game hunting.

After more research and handling a few rifles at the shop, I ultimately went with the Marlin XT-22.

Here is a photo of the rifle:

IMG_0133.jpg

Just gotta sight her in next time I go to the range and see how she shoots.
    GhostMaker likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's an awful lot of scope for a .22! I am impressed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I never had a marlin that didn't please my expectations. Of any caliber or action.

The fun thing about that there gun, is you can make it anything you want. Put a telescope on it, and target shoot, or a smaller scope for field work, you have versatility, and a big fun factor/critter gitter.
    GhostMaker likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Nice! I predict you won't be disappointed.

Sweet gun,, A real shooter I bet ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Can't go wrong with a marlin, or I should say a real marlin (a lot of bad about remlins, maybe they are better now).

That looks like a lot of fun there. Post up some target pictures when you sight that baby in for 700 yards.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Nice rifle my friend! You will love that rifle, Marlins always have great triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    That looks like a lot of fun there. Post up some target pictures when you sight that baby in for 700 yards.
    Haha yeah I really wanted to be able to test the drop of a 22LR so I hijacked the Hubble telescope and mounted it on there.
    Badey, gasmitty and GhostMaker like this.

Marlin is kind of like the Ruger of long guns, (along with Ruger themselves, who make some nice long guns). Somehow Marlin manages to make good solid performing guns at a very reasonable price. I wouldn't mind having a few more of both makers' offerings.

Yer gonna catch it when the wife finds that picture of your toy on her coffee table!

OK, next task: show us how she groups! (Assuming you can find some ammo, that is.)
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

KUDOS on the new 22! and Shazam that tele=scope is 1/3rd the size of the rifle you should be able to pick an flea of ah tree-rats butttt from at-least 878-yds!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Yer gonna catch it when the wife finds that picture of your toy on her coffee table! OK, next task: show us how she groups! (Assuming you can find some ammo, that is.)
    Yes I would love to see the pictures of your wife's groupings of her rolling-pin head~shots!

find ammo:

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Can't go wrong with a marlin, or I should say a real marlin (a lot of bad about remlins, maybe they are better now).
    Don't want to rain on your parade & hijack this butt yes. I'm trying to talk myself into ah Remlin 30-30 336C lever rifle; over ah Henry. Or maybe in ah 357mag?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    ChadliusNH you can not go wrong with a Marlin. I have a small collect of Marlin 22's and my favorite is the Model 99M1.

Zamboni I have a Marlin 336 in .35 cal but I don't get much use out of it in south Florida, don't like to hog hunt and very few deer in my area.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

My first .22 was a ruger 10/22, but I've always wanted a bolt action with a good scope. Well done!

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Well Done! I think that you made a great choice. I own 3 bolt action marlins. .22 LR., .22mag and .17hmr. Love em all. Let us know how she shoots for you!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links