sig sauer police models

sig sauer police models

This is a discussion on sig sauer police models within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am entering the police academy this fall and when I was looking at my lab fees it showed that the gun we were supplied ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: sig sauer police models

sig sauer police models

I am entering the police academy this fall and when I was looking at my lab fees it showed that the gun we were supplied with cost $750. I don't know of any glocks or m&p's that cost that much so the only other thing I could think of that an officer would carry is a sig. Any ideas of what model it could be?
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

VIP Member
    Not really.

You would have to have an idea what caliber the academy primarily uses.
    That would narrow it down for you.

They may also get a special price for doing business with the supplier, and that may also influence a lesser price for a pistol that would normally run upwards of $950 plus.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

i think we will be using 9mm but I also know that a lot of departments have been switching to the .40 S&W so its up in the air
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

A friend of mine is a LEO with a very large (3000 officers) here, he is issued a 226 in 9mm and can purchase and carry a 229 in 9mm or .357 if he chooses (he uses 9mm), he has to buy the gun (at LEO price) and the dept. provides ammo. That price sounds about right for LE pricing on a 22x series Sig, most likely it is fitted with factory night sites and comes with 3 mags also.

Other possibilities:
    1) HK possibly?
    2) Are they issuing you a BUG? $750 is roughly what 2 Glocks cost at agency pricing.

oneshot is on the right track. Find out what the dept uses. Not just what caliber, but you should be able to find out what specific model. Then you'll know for sure.

Sponsored Links