I finally got it!!! Glock 20 SF

This is a discussion on I finally got it!!! Glock 20 SF within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got home from work, and the wife says "Wanna go with me to Barnes & Noble to return a book?" I said "sure, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: I finally got it!!! Glock 20 SF

I finally got it!!! Glock 20 SF

I got home from work, and the wife says "Wanna go with me to Barnes & Noble to return a book?" I said "sure, I could use a new firearm (reading)magazine". Low and behold she pulls into the parking lot of my "Mecca" the LGS. I said "What's going on?" She replies Happy Father's Day. I was speechless. I say Father's Day is 2 days away. Her answer? If I waited till Sunday you would have to wait until next weekend to shoot it ( real busy at work). She continues " if you get it now, you can break it in all day tomorrow if you'd like. I truly did find the best woman in the world. Bring on tomorrow, I can hardly wait. It feels like being a kid on X-Mas Eve. And to top it off, the salesman at the LGS says 1 box ammo limit, but since you bought this Glock, I'll sell you two. $35.00/ 50 rounds, but for 10mm I have no problem with that.
    Attached Images
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

2. Remove Ads

You will love the G20 as much as I love mine!!! Enjoy

WOW! Happy Father's Day partner!

You are going to really, really enjoy that 10mm! We want a full range report with pics!
    This is mandantory for the 10 club:)
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Uhhh that, my friend, is completely AWESOME! To you and your wife, I say: Well Done! Very happy shooting. Please give us a range report!

Here is just some fun food for thought.
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Barrel M/20 Conversion to 40 S&W Stock Length - $114.95
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Barrel M/20 Conversion to 357 Sig Stock Length - $114.95

Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Congrats! Their a guy that is sell a G30sf that I really would like to buy, it come with three holster and three mag and some sd rds.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    WoW! What a great surprize!

I'm happy for ya, brother!

KUDOS TOO YOU let us know how it shoots for you ! !

Does she have any sisters

Great find! (Both the wife and the gun!)

Georgia Arms makes good target ammo in 10mm (a bit more stout than most of what I found at the LGS). I use 175gr winchester silvertips for HD and buffalo bore 220gr hardcast for the woods and a harwell protuck IWB for carry. Have fun tomorrow!

Congrats, man! Sounds like you have a keeper for a wife, and, oh yeah, fine pistol, too. I used to have a 10mm (S&W 1006) but I had to sell it many years ago when I had to come up with some fast cash to pay some unexpected expenses. I miss that old pistol. You may have given me the impetus to start looking at some 10's again.

Anyway, enjoy your new toy, and give your wife an extra hug and kiss. And, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Congrats! A good woman you have there, for sure.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Well the report is in. And....? I'm in Love!!! This G20 SF is heaven. It took me a couple mags to get used to the Glock rear sight (this is my first Glock) but by the 3rd mag I was performing as we'll as I do with my 1911. And believe me my 1911 makes me look a lot more accurate than I really am. The G20 performed flawlessly with Federal American Eagle 180gr FN. The recoil was definitely heavier than my 1911 .45 ACP but completely controllable in my hands. I am curious to run some hotter and heavier loads through it, and am extremely anxious to start reloading this caliber for my woods needs. Also to my surprise, this firearm is very comfortable to carry IWB and not much harder to conceal than my m&p 9c. As soon as I find a good SD load and put another 300-500 rounds through it I will work this piece of heaven into my EDC rotation. I would recommend this gun on many categories. Power, feel, accuracy and conceal ability are a 10 in my honest opinion. To anyone who has been told this model is too big to carry, too much power for self defense and too ugly, I say I disagree and you have no idea what your missing. The Ammo is pricey, but worth the rush. I plan on reloading it so I'm getting the best of both worlds!!! And of course a huge Thank You to my wife.
    Last edited by ConcealedinPA; June 16th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
    DetChris likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

Well, it's now official, with the day being over. The only things I got for Father's Day were dinner and a card. However, I said to my wife, "what, no gun or ammo?" She said "I always figured you would want to pick out the guns you want, so I never tried giving you guns as presents. Honey, you can buy guns whenever you like, you know that. You've never needed my OK."

So, I may just go out and pick something up as a late Father's Day present, or just because I want one, no matter the occasion.

I love my wife.
    nicholasv00 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Congrats on your new pistol. I have the full sized one it and it is a lot of fun to shoot. The price you paid for the ammo is about as good as you are going to get right now. Cabelas and Sportsmans guide have some PPU 180 JHP for around $20 plus shipping at times but have been out for a while.

If you are looking for SD ammo then I would suggest Underwood or Double Tap if they have any available. Underwood is a little less expensive and if they show it in stock it comes fairly quickly. I have good luck with Federal Hyrdro Shock in mine as well and I know other people like the Winchester Silver tip and Buffalo Bore.

Welcome to the 10 mm club! You'll probably be a lifer.
    Semper Fi til I Die

Glock 29 10mm

VIP Member
    Completely awesome.

Congrats on the gun, congrats on the wife.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links