I didn't mean to laugh....but I did.

This is a discussion on I didn't mean to laugh....but I did. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I went to the pawn shop today just looking around, they had one box of 9mm and a few boxes of 45 ACP amount ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I didn't mean to laugh....but I did.

So I went to the pawn shop today just looking around, they had one box of 9mm and a few boxes of 45 ACP amount others so I thought I would ask if they had any 22lr in stock. I was told that they had some of the 525 round boxes of remmington for $100.00 a box. I literally laughed out loud and said "no thanks I don't think I want that." I did but the 50 round box of american eagle 9mm for 19.00. I didn't mean to laugh in the guys face but that's just crazy, I know 22lr is hard to come by but I'll sell my 22 before I pay that. I keep running across some decent prices here and there and when I do I buy it but not all of it. Maybe one day this will all calm down some but on the bright side it does seem as though other calibers are starting to be in stock more often now.
    rockratt and Eagleks like this.

Yes Im seeing more in stock to. But some of the prices are way out there. Ill wait till it settles more and then buy some. I got enough to last me most of the season. Keep our fingers crossed and hope it returns to normal.
    secondcor62 likes this.

Good on ya! Until many more people laugh and turn away, things will be slow to change.

That was very a-holish of you. Say 3 Hail Mary's and send me that box of 9mm and your soul will be saved.

*No religous offense was intended, if you got offended I'm offended that you were offended.

NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Good on ya! Until many more people laugh and turn away, things will be slow to change.
    Well said!

.22 LR at ~$.20 per round makes my Beeman air rifle look like a brilliant investment!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

500% increase in price? No thanks.

Ridiculous.

The most I've paid was $28 for 375 rounds. I had just bought a 10/22 for my daughter (well, for me really...but she can shoot it, too ) and wasn't worried about a few extra bucks. At the time I bought it it was still darn near impossible to find anywhere. Things have gotten better since then.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    .22 LR at ~$.20 per round makes my Beeman air rifle look like a brilliant investment!

^Um',
    Yeah^^^^^^^^

I would NEVER pay that much for .22 ammo. I think one of those fancy laser trainer setups would be more reasonable about now.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Never fear, the market will sort this out. Enough people laugh in the face of such prices, and those prices will come down. We just have to have a little patience, and really we should blame the real culprit in all this...our moronic "representatives" in the federal government who, yet again, caused this panic. In the absence of such constant threats to our rights you wouldn't be seeing this kind of thing going on nearly as often, or for as long.

I'll take this opportunity to point out that the increased availability people are seeing is directly attributable to the higher prices. It costs more, people buy less, making it available to others. Pretty basic microeconomics.

I've wondered if since the prices on all other things went sky - high, that everyone was pulling out the .22's to do their shooting practice... and then we ran out of .22 ammo. Whatever the cause, I have this strange feeling that .22 LR will be the last ammo to do a come back . Just weird to me, that there was such on a run on .22 ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by secondcor62 View Post
    so I thought I would ask if they had any 22lr in stock. I was told that they had some of the 525 round boxes of remmington for $100.00 a box. I literally laughed out loud and said "no thanks I don't think I want that."
    Ironic, ran into the same thing ... and did the same thing you did ...... busted out laughing. Told them I'm sorry, but that has to be the most absurd thing I've seen in my life.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    That was very a-holish of you. Say 3 Hail Mary's and send me that box of 9mm and your soul will be saved.

*No religous offense was intended, if you got offended I'm offended that you were offended.
    Doesn't sound like an "offended" response, to me. More of a choking while eating when surprised by something someone says. Needn't be offensive, or even an exhibition of being outright offended.

Either way, showing surprise and contempt at contemptuous pricing is about the only weapon in the buyer's arsenal. Won't improve until folks go elsewhere, as the OP did.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

...so instead of .19 per round for the 525 rd box, you would have paid .38 a round for a 50 rd box...when the .22 used to sell for 12.99 per 525 and the 9mm used to sell for 9.95 per 50...I don't believe their costs have jumped half that much....

...these guys must count on us having real short memories...but we don't...it's gonna cost 'em far more than it makes 'em...
    So I went to the pawn shop today just looking around, they had one box of 9mm and a few boxes of 45 ACP amount others so I thought I would ask if they had any 22lr in stock. I was told that they had some of the 525 round boxes of remmington for $100.00 a box. I literally laughed out loud and said "no thanks I don't think I want that." I did but the 50 round box of american eagle 9mm for 19.00. I didn't mean to laugh in the guys face but that's just crazy, I know 22lr is hard to come by but I'll sell my 22 before I pay that. I keep running across some decent prices here and there and when I do I buy it but not all of it. Maybe one day this will all calm down some but on the bright side it does seem as though other calibers are starting to be in stock more often now.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Yes prices are very high for some calibers. And don't be fooled by false tag lines..like Cheaper than Dirt....Don't buy potting soil right now...dirt is expensive.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Did you ask him if he'd hold a gun on you while you paid for it, since it was a robbery he was trying to commit?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links