Wolff recoil spring for EAA Witness .45 ACP

This is a discussion on Wolff recoil spring for EAA Witness .45 ACP within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ordered a Wolff 16 lb. replacement recoil spring for my EAA Witness .45 ACP. When it got here, the package said 16 lb extra ...

Thread: Wolff recoil spring for EAA Witness .45 ACP

I ordered a Wolff 16 lb. replacement recoil spring for my EAA Witness .45 ACP. When it got here, the package said 16 lb extra power Witness 9mm longslide model. I put it in and cycled it once. Seemed to work fine. Just not sure about it as it is for a .45 ACP but the package says 16 lb 9mm longslide. Any body have any experience with these things?

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Now sure if I would doubt wolff sent the wrong spring. The 16lb spring should be the same no matter the cartridge so long as its for the long slide witness. I shot a elit match for sometime. Great accurate pistol. The 14lber is stock, right, so guess your shooting some faster loads. Henning told me how to soften hot loads with out over powering the slide some years back. Might ask him about adding a short piece of 1911 sping to the stock spring ??

Talk to ://henningshootsguns.com/shop/main.html He is someone to also deal with for replacement needs and upgrades and info, Know one better in the USA for a witness.

Sponsored Links