retsupt99 Was Robbed Last Night...

This is a discussion on retsupt99 Was Robbed Last Night... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can't believe this happened in our neighborhood last night... I became aware of a problem this morning on my way to work. My wife ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: retsupt99 Was Robbed Last Night...

retsupt99 Was Robbed Last Night...

I can't believe this happened in our neighborhood last night...

I became aware of a problem this morning on my way to work. My wife and I were both in the car when I reached up to turn on my 'radar detector'...gone...and at the same time, my wife was going through the CD folder which she had found on the seat when she entered the car. She was wondering to herself why I had not put in back in the dash...which has a little shelf built in for it.
    I said, "Hey, where's my radar detector?" She said, "Maybe it fell on the floor." I was thinking...NO WAY...but I reached for my 'expensive' multi-cell mag light to look on the floor...gone! (Not the floor, the mag light...)
    Some of the CD's were missing, but all the Christian music was still there...mmmmmmmm...mmmmmmm..."Oh my gosh!" (not my exact words)...were were robbed.

Now we live in a brand new subdivision with about 200 houses...a great little nieghborhood with only three entrances/exits. As best as we could figure, my wife was out in the car last night at 9 p.m. to gather her school stuff...she remembers not locking the door (for the first time) because her hands were full, and hey, what's going to happen here? We were up at 5 a.m. and loading the car by 6 a.m.

Aparently, between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m...we lost about $500 dollars worth of items. I called the sheriff's department and found out that we were one of 10! Apparently, this has been going on for a couple of weeks, even with stepped up partols.

Yep, my wife should have locked the car...but just down the road, one car was a 'smash and grab', so maybe it was best that the car WAS unlocked, at least I don't have to replace a window.

The deputy was just at our home for a short time...and was off to take other reports in the neighborhood. The deputy did tell me that there would be some unmarked vehicles parked in our neighboorhood, during the middle of the night, for a few days.

I'm sure this has happened to some of your neighborhoods, too! It is a very odd feeling...like your personal space has been violated. I don't expect to get anything back, but that's ok...it's only 'stuff', and I've never seen a U-Haul behind a hearse yet...so I can let that go. It's the idea of the next step...a home broken into...or a person harmed.

Needless to say, I am planning on some late night observations for the next few nights.

I certainly hope the 'greedy dirtbags' get caught, but in reality...probably not!

Just felt like sharing...

Enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend.

Respectfully...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Thats too bad thats one reason why i like to park in the garage if i can

VIP Member
    Really sorry to hear that. Its not fun. About 3 years ago I had stuff taken from my home. The theif were not very smart. They took a cheap DVD player that you could not program without the remote control and that was left on the coffee table.

Be safe in your observations, retsupt99. Don't do anything that will put your life in danger. It's unfortunant to hear your stuff was stolen, and I'm sorry about that. But fortunantly, it was just property and not involving anyone's life.

Take care

Assistant Administrator
    like your personal space has been violated
    That sums it up well Ken - and I think most folks would agree to feeling the same.

Not a good thing to find out and I am wondering whether you have any motion lights out front - as IMO those can make for a good deterrant. Seems some slimeballs are ''doing'' the neighborhood - and it proves sadly that even the ''good'' neighborhoods are not immune - nowhere is these days it seems

Certainly increase your home surveillance a bit but chances are you are now ''done'' and ''they'' will be looking to fresher pastures. I am glad at least you suffered ''only'' property loss - bad enough that that is - but no actual attack scenario.

Any neighborhood watch schemes around you? Wonder if that could help strengthen the general security around the area.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Yep, getting robbed sucks. Hope they get they perps.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

My Mom's cousins were getting ready to move into a brand new house in a brand new subdivision. Day before they were supposed to move in all of their brand new appliances were gone. Apparently a crew that was doing landscaping in the neighborhood during the day was taking appliances from the houses during the night. During the summers I deliver building supplies to new subdivisions, and the lot that is building the houses and doing the work in a new neighborhood isn't always a bunch of choirboys. Just something to think about depending on how new the subdivision is.

Hope they catch em. G'luck and be safe in your observations.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Need to put a GPS tracking divice on everything [except christian music, which is what they really need].

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Glad your all ok , and i wouldnt look for a rash of home invasions either . Good neighborhoods have all the " goodies " so are in fact targeted. Just try to have good holidays , and lock your doors .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    That stinks man...sorry!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Bad news! I'm glad everyone is safe at least! Stuff can be replaced, but unless you're a cat there's only one life. I hope they catch the BGs.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Man, that really stinks. I know how I felt when some jerk stole some of my tools several years ago. Bad, bad feeling. Hope they nail 'em. There's been several upscale developments getting the same treatment in my area lately. Even stole an aquaintances new suv.

We ought to meet up over a cup of coffee sometime and we can grumble about the state of society!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    I'm really sorry to hear of this, but am glad it wasn't worse! You and your wife stay safe!

I hate to hear of good people being victimized by trash. Glad you were unharmed and that no action was needed to defend you or yours. Hope the cops catch 'em, but like you said, it's unlikely.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

I feel your pain Ret. My car has been broken into twice this year. Broken window both times. First time, they got most of my CD's (I had them backed up on the PC though) and almost got my CD player (it was held in the dash with a steel strap and the thief couldn't break it). I found the face plate of my CD player by the fence where they exited my apartment parking lot. The second time, nothing was stolen (I learned my lesson - there was nothing to steal!). A window was broken and my car was searched. The only thing I can think of is that the Springfield Armory sticker on my rear windshield had the thief looking for a firearm. Pfeh. I hate thieves. Savages . My apartment complex has increased security patrols (a lot of people were broken into, all over town, really) and I recently traded that car in. New car has an alarm, and will have no identifying marks. Buncha Savages. The police never found anything. Bright side is, no one was injured (in either of our experiences), aside from being violated. Thanks for listening to (reading) my rant. Hope you don't suffer a repeat like I did.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links