Range Bags

This is a discussion on Range Bags within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What are your thoughts on the Maxpedition range bags? I'm looking for a well crafted/functional range bag....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Range Bags

Range Bags

What are your thoughts on the Maxpedition range bags? I'm looking for a well crafted/functional range bag.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Maxped makes nice stuff but it's pricey. Have a look at the MidwayUSA bag, lots of bag and you aren't paying for a name.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...tion-range-bag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rock and Glock, gdvan01 and darbo like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Senior Moderator
    I like them.

Be advised though, you can put more stuff in there than you want to carry.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The Midway bag is fantastic, and a bargain for the quality you get.
    varob and jbum like this.

Been totting range bags for 40 years. I now use a Midway range bag. They have the Midway name on them and are often on sale for a really cheap price. Has two compartments for guns and four exterior zipper pouches, one with magazine holders. I have an old competition range bag sitting around from my competition days but it is way too big for just taking two or three guns to the range with ear protection, ammo and everything else you would need for the day. No sense is spending big bucks for a range bag as the Midway one is pretty good. Been using it for about 3 years now, almost every week and it still looks good as new.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Administrator
    The CONDOR 136 Range/Response is a real nice multipurpose bag that will set you back $40.00 with Free Shipping on ebay.

Condor Tactical Response Bags "Olive Drab" | eBay

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Maxpedition makes great stuff. I have a CC bag that I jokingly call my man purse. Very well made.

The most amazing thing about my bag is that no one ever gives it a second look. I do agree with the poster who recommended MIDWAYUSA brand stuff.

Its generally cheaper, but I have found it to be well made, and a good value.

I haven't tried the Maxpedition, but I've been using the 511 range bag for a few years now and really like it. The design makes it easy to carry a few guns, mags, ammo, targets, etc. I've taken it out to the Nevada desert, outdoor ranges in the rain, and just plain used it a lot. Very durable, carries a heavy load without problem, and still looks like new. Something to consider.

Range Bag | 5.11 Tactical Range Ready Bag - Official 5.11 Site
    StormRhydr likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    The Midway bag is so versatile. It fulfills all my needs. Maxpedition looks like high quality tacticool gear. I've looked at it, so that is the depth of my inspection- no long term endurance test. I put it down because I need gear that is well thought out (like Midway). I don't need overbuilt military style gear. I carried that stuff long enough.

Last range trip, my Midway main bag held 2 earmuffs, 2 sets of ear plugs, cleaning supplies in a well laid out fold out pocket with elastic retainers, spare mags, multi-tool, staple gun, water bottle, 4 pistols, a stack of paper plates. I still had room in the main bag pockets.
    In the stage bag, I had over 100 rounds each of .22, 9mm, 7.62x39, .40, and 50 rds of .38.
    StormRhydr likes this.

I have this bag. Its solid, and I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    I haven't tried the Maxpedition, but I've been using the 511 range bag for a few years now and really like it. The design makes it easy to carry a few guns, mags, ammo, targets, etc. I've taken it out to the Nevada desert, outdoor ranges in the rain, and just plain used it a lot. Very durable, carries a heavy load without problem, and still looks like new. Something to consider.

Range Bag | 5.11 Tactical Range Ready Bag - Official 5.11 Site

Administrator
    If there is any specific bag that you are thinking about - search it on youtube and somebody on there will have reviewed it.
    I always do that since Video is sometimes better than still photographs when you're trying to make up your mind.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    I've got several range bags. One that I just got and really like is this:

LA Police Gear Molle Gear Bag

It's not too big and its not too small and they are on sale right now for 15 bucks.
    I even stuck a triple mag pouch on the outside of mine for AR stuff.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I read so many god things about the Midway bag that I bought one just to see how nice it rally was. When I got it, I couldn't believe how nice it really was. You can pack every thing you need in it plus lunch.

My wife and I were looking to put together a first aid/trauma bag, and this one was the perfect bag for the task.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Those bags are nice but I just use a bag that was made for packing on my Harley. I had to give up the bike for health reasons but I kept the bag and it is very similar to the Midway bag.

Distinguished Member
    My wonderful better half just got me a midway range bag for fathers day, I got to use it for IDPA this past weekend. I had no problems using the make shift bag I had been for over a year, but this thing is super nice.

Tons of room + lot of useful features - all around great bag.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links