Has the price on Mausers (K98/M48) gone up?

This is a discussion on Has the price on Mausers (K98/M48) gone up? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I own two 8mm Mausers, one German K98 and one Yugo M48. I remember looking around on GunBroker.com to get an idea of how much ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the6shooter

Thread: Has the price on Mausers (K98/M48) gone up?

Has the price on Mausers (K98/M48) gone up?

I own two 8mm Mausers, one German K98 and one Yugo M48. I remember looking around on GunBroker.com to get an idea of how much they were going for and found that rifles similar to the condition of mine (somewhat beat up, missing bayonet/sling/cleaning rod) were going for any between $125-$175 (except for a few ridiculous outliers). Well, today after work I was going to go to the LGS to put them on consignment, but decided to take a quick look at GunBroker again. Now I'm seeing similar rifles going anywhere from $150-several hundred dollars. Anyone have a good grasp of what these surplus rifles are actually going for nowadays? I don't want to lose out on a significant amount of cash but I also don't want to price myself out of any buyers.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

2. Remove Ads

It all comes down to condition, Like matching #'s I have several. the ones with matching #'s are $400+
    Frankinmausers $125. clean good bores A+ also.
    my FR-8, 98k and 1909 all have matching #'s
    There is also relic hunters looking to buy them up also.
    Last edited by the6shooter; June 21st, 2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: messed up
    DJC7 likes this.

I actually took them over to the LGS about an hour and a half ago. Wound up pricing the Yugo at $300 (all matching but moderately beat up with an ok barrel). I put the German at $250 (about half matching and similar condition as the Yugo). I THINK I have the Yugo about right but the German may be a little overpriced. I guess I'll just give it a couple weeks and drop the prices if they aren't selling. Thanks for the input!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I have found prices on Mausers have gone up over the last couple years. They are harder to find now on Gun Broker too. I stared collecting Mausers for creasts from different country. I have all I want now. The surplus import market has dryed up IMHO.

Links