Sorry Fords, sorry S&W

Sorry Fords, sorry S&W

This is a discussion on Sorry Fords, sorry S&W within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the past I have had guns re-blued by both S&W and Fords. Sadly they no longer 'blue' the guns, they apply a black finish. ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By 1 old 0311
  • 6 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By 1 old 0311

Thread: Sorry Fords, sorry S&W

Ex Member

Sorry Fords, sorry S&W

In the past I have had guns re-blued by both S&W and Fords. Sadly they no longer 'blue' the guns, they apply a black finish. I had a 27-2 that needed re-blue and heard about a company in Indiana T&D Gunshop. They do REAL bluing not the black finish others are applying now days. Here is their info, and a pic of the finished product. As good, if not better than the 'old bluing' that we all came to love. Price was actually a bit cheaper than Fords, or S&W, and turn around was 2 weeks. I have no connection to the shop other than I am a VERY happy customer.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Professional Gunsmithing,
    Firearm Restorations, DuraCoat Finishes,
    Nickel Plating and Stock Work
    Designed by T & D Metal Works, LLC © 2013 using Homestead website templates. Create a website today.

Save A Copy
    of Our
    ECard for
    Easy Reference!
    OR

Click here to E-mail us
    Don't Forget to Sign Our Guest Book, for News and Special Offers! From T & D Metal Works

At T & D Metal Works, LLC, our attentive staff is available by phone 10am to 6pm Monday thru Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturday.
    E-Mail questions will be answered within 24-hours.
    We accept shipments from UPS, FedEx and USPS. We only use UPS or USPS for return shipping.
    T & D Metal Works will only return guns to the customer at the address that the gun was shipped from.

​Dealers please include a copy of your current Federal Firearms License.

When sending your firearm(s) to T & D Metal Works, please include a letter with the following information:

1.) Your Name:

2.) Your Address: **No P.O. Boxes **

3.) Phone number:

4.) E-Mail Address: (Optional)

5.) A short description of what services you would like preformed by our professional staff.
    If a gun needs repair or maintenance please describe the malfunction(s) to the best of your ability to assure our gunsmith is aware of all known issues with firearm.

​The better your firearm is packaged the safer it will be during shipping. We recommend using the following packing precautions.

1.) Wrapped tightly in a layer of bubble wrap. **For additional safety wrap a heavy layer of news paper around gun before bubble wrap layer.**

2.) Pack firearm in a box that is large enough to fit the gun and packing materials without swelling the box.
    If you send a hard case, enclose it in a cardboard box for added security from damage and theft.

**Tip: Center the gun in the box then fill the extra space in the box to isolate the gun from box sides with crumpled news paper, bubble wrap, foam, etc.**

3.) Insure the gun for what you think it is worth.

We will send your gun back after services are preformed in the same box and/or hard case it was received in unless deemed unsuitable for shipping.
    If a box is not suitable for shipping, your gun will be sent back in one of our boxes and the cost added to your final invoice total.
    A hard case can be purchase from T & D Metal Works to help ensure the safety of your guns on return shipping, the cost will be added to your final invoice total.
    T & D Metal Works insure all returned guns at fair market value. If you require your gun to be insured for a specific value, please indicate the insurance value you require in your letter.

Contact us by phone at
    765-721-5422
    Instructions for shipping to our facility:
    Packaging your gun for shipment: