SportEAR Hearing Protection

This is a discussion on SportEAR Hearing Protection within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went to a defensive handgun course not long ago and noticed the instructors were all wearing the SportEAR hearing aids that also block loud ...

Thread: SportEAR Hearing Protection

I went to a defensive handgun course not long ago and noticed the instructors were all wearing the SportEAR hearing aids that also block loud noises such as gun shots. I noticed they could also hear everything being said around them.

I had a similar experience with the electronic hearing muffs but with the SportEAR they got an extra boost to any hearing issues they might have. I decided to take the free hearing test they offered and ended up ordering a set of of the custom fit 210 and should get them via Fedex today.

I'm wondering if anyone here has these or even the new style digital hearing aids who might have anything I should be aware of or concerned about. I have 'heard' they take a while to get used to because the brain needs to adapt to this digital sound that has been compressed and processed to either hear better or block out depending on decibel level.

Custom210

front-page-banner.jpg

I'll come back after I get a chance to get used to them and post what I find IMHO.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Oh, oh goodness those are expensive. I'll stick with my circumaural electronic hearing protection.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Oh, oh goodness those are expensive. I'll stick with my circumaural electronic hearing protection.
    Yes. Yes they are expensive but only about a quarter the cost of regular form fitted hearing aids. These are meant to be worn all day. I don't think anyone really wants to wear electronic hearing muffs all day.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

If you are going to were them shooting, remember that damage can still be caused with ear plugs, the temporal bone around the ear can be damaged cause hearing loss. I will stick with my electronic muffs...thanks for sharing...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    If you are going to were them shooting, remember that damage can still be caused with ear plugs, the temporal bone around the ear can be damaged cause hearing loss. I will stick with my electronic muffs...thanks for sharing...
    Good point! I'll have to double up and use the electronic muffs on top of these to see how they do. Sure couldn't hurt!
    -Evan Marshall

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Hearing aids are and always have been one of the great rip-offs of the medical field. Sure, they can help, but no one can convince me a pair of hearing aids costs what 3 laptops will. I've learned if I just say, "Huh?" people will talk louder.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Hearing aids are and always have been one of the great rip-offs of the medical field. Sure, they can help, but no one can convince me a pair of hearing aids costs what 3 laptops will. I've learned if I just say, "Huh?" people will talk louder.
    WHAT???
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Well, only been a day, but I can say it's great to be able to hear out of my bad ear again. I'm getting used to wearing it in just the one ear for now. I can hear in stereo again!
    -Evan Marshall

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    They are nice,but,a bit much,for my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    They are nice,but,a bit much,for my budget.
    I'm not affiliated with this company at all. Just a customer and I am not trying to sell their products. Having said that; lots of hunters use these. The select-a-fit are what most people would get if they are just going to use them when target shooting or hunting. The price on those is quite a bit less at $500. Still a lot but for those who find ear muffs get in the way of shooting a rifle; it might be just what they need.

Select-A-Fit30
    -Evan Marshall

Links