Walther P22 - Worst Trigger Ever??

This is a discussion on Walther P22 - Worst Trigger Ever?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was at the range yesterday. I was shooting a G19 and a P22. The P22 made the stock glock trigger seem like a Nighthawk ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mxfreak_24

Thread: Walther P22 - Worst Trigger Ever??

Walther P22 - Worst Trigger Ever??

I was at the range yesterday. I was shooting a G19 and a P22. The P22 made the stock glock trigger seem like a Nighthawk Custom...

Anyone else think the P22 trigger is pathetic?
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Ever shot a Ruger LCP or LC9?
    StormRhydr and C hawk Glock like this.
    "Holy crap, what a turd that thing was. I love Ruger, but man, the first time I pulled the trigger I thought I was going to have a birthday before it broke. " - Yarg28

I have a Walther P22. The only thing about it is that it is like a regular gun, only smaller. It really required a major adjustment of my grip to be able to hit jack or squat.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Mxfreak_24 View Post
    Ever shot a Ruger LCP or LC9?
    I've shot an LCP. The trigger pull is long, but has a much cleaner break than my P22. My P22's trigger doesn't have a distinct break... It's like jello.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    My first time students like my P-22 over the SR-22. The P-22 has over 5000 rounds down range. The biggest problem is the ammo choice with the P-22 and Sig Mosquito. Need HV.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    My first time students like my P-22 over the SR-22. The P-22 has over 5000 rounds down range. The biggest problem is the ammo choice with the P-22 and Sig Mosquito. Need HV.
    Interesting. I prefer the SR22 to my P22. I wonder if mine needs some work.

The stock LCP and LC9 triggers are heavy and long but they are consistent throughout (the LCR is a little better) and the aftermarket triggers out there (like Galloway) are a LOT better. Also, removing the mag disconnect helps since that is one less piece of metal connected to the trigger.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Interesting. I prefer the SR22 to my P22. I wonder if mine needs some work.
    How many round do you have through it? Ours got better as we shot it. But early on I used nothing but the CCI Mini-Mags.

Now if you're having problems with the re-assemble of the P22 after cleaning it PM me and I give you some tips.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    How many round do you have through it? Ours got better as we shot it. But early on I used nothing but the CCI Mini-Mags.

Now if you're having problems with the re-assemble of the P22 after cleaning it PM me and I give you some tips.
    I bought it used a couple of weeks ago and have about 300 rounds through it. It looked like it was very lightly used before I purchased it.

PM inbound.

Links