Target shooting new Ruger SR9c

This is a discussion on Target shooting new Ruger SR9c within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am begining to dislike semi-autos . My new 9mm will not feed the rounds after about 90 or so run thru . I even ...

Thread: Target shooting new Ruger SR9c

VIP Member

Target shooting new Ruger SR9c

I am begining to dislike semi-autos . My new 9mm will not feed the rounds after about 90 or so run thru . I even ask the gun store/range to try to fire it and no worky for them . Well i'll disassemble clean and try again or should i just send it back to Ruger and let them have it a month or two . Or maybe revolvers are more my speed.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If you've tried some different ammunitions and other shooters have the same issues you are having, I'd definitely send the gun back to Ruger and let them have a look at it. It's most certainly not normal, nor is it acceptable. Revolvers are great, but they do have their downside and I would hate to think that a malfunctioning pistol would cause you to write off all semi-automatic pistols.

Also, did you try both mags and get the same result? If not, change mags and see what that does. Could be a mag issue and that's a lot cheaper to address than shipping the entire firearm back home for a looksee.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Yes i tried the Lg and Sm capacity mags with the same results . I did pass 2 different ammo in it but i put the ammo aside that misfeed and tried a different batch.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Yes i tried the Lg and Sm capacity mags with the same results . I did pass 2 different ammo in it but i put the ammo aside that misfeed and tried a different batch.
    Ok, if it's happening with different mags and you get the same feed problems with different brands of ammunition, then I'd put in a call to Ruger. They, as I understand it, take care of their customers...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Links