Walther P22 Re-Assembly made easy

This is a discussion on Walther P22 Re-Assembly made easy within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Today a new owner of a P22 ask about re-assembling a Walther P22 as the recoil spring tends to not follow through onto the Recoil ...

Thread: Walther P22 Re-Assembly made easy

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Walther P22 Re-Assembly made easy

Today a new owner of a P22 ask about re-assembling a Walther P22 as the recoil spring tends to not follow through onto the Recoil rod when not using a special tool. Please be aware the special tool is a punch that you should or may have on your work bench. Here is a inexpensive set: Weaver 88-Piece Deluxe Gunsmithing Hammer Punch Screwdriver Tool Kit

P22-01.jpg

P22-02.jpg

As you can see from the pictures, after cleaning insert the recoil spring rod and spring. Then thru the Recoil rod opening on the slide insert the punch (make sure the punch is either the same size as the recoil rod or slightly smaller). Then guide the slide back onto the frame the recoil spring should follow onto the recoil rod. Voila!

Note a Phillips head screw driver should work also.

Should cut your frustration time to Zero! Hope this helps!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    No need for a tool. Just push the guide rod all the way forward and pinch with your fingers while putting the slide on the frame.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    No need for a tool. Just push the guide rod all the way forward and pinch with your fingers while putting the slide on the frame.
    Easy for you to say, but after several years of cleaning with oil on my fingers they tend to slip out of my grip. This was a simple solution.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Links