Status Update: Supply of Guns and Ammo

This is a discussion on Status Update: Supply of Guns and Ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I suppose this is good news. Status Update: Supply of Guns and Ammo | The Bang Switch Is anyone else seeing this?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Status Update: Supply of Guns and Ammo

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I suppose this is good news.

Status Update: Supply of Guns and Ammo | The Bang Switch

Is anyone else seeing this?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    Guns are more availible , ammo on the other hand is a bit tougher only with slight improvements . I can verify in Maryland
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    I'll second the gentleman from MD.

Guns, no problem, ammo, depends on which LGS you hit. Bass Pro still a no go.

Still buying mine on line.
    welder516 likes this.

I was happy when I found a bunch of 12 gauge buckshot at our Bass Pro here in MD. I've given up on brick and mortar stores here for ammo, I just get it on the internet. It's not getting better here for a while I predict, since the worthless losers in charge here saw fit to pass a pistol permit law and AWB that take effect on October 1. The actual guns are showing up though, but I suspect as October approaches they will start to vanish again, unless you want a Marlin .30-30 or something.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Yeah here in the Tidewater / Hampton Roads area of Virginia, firearms are available, but ammo is scarce and the ones that do have it in stock are commanding a premium like $30 for a box of 50 for FMJ 9mm ammo !!! God Bless

I am finding pretty much any gun that was available pre-silliness and prices are almost back to what they were then. Maybe 50 bucks higher still I would say for guns, and ammo is better. Still just not there. Especially the magical .22lr.

I am still buying 9mm at Walmart locally here. It doesn't sit on the shelf, but last time I was there at the "right time" they had 40 boxes to sell. Still a 3 box limit per customer, but they are 100 count boxes. Throughout the crisis they never changed their prices at all. Still 20-22 cents/round the whole time.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Yeah I saw an interview with the head of Hornady the other day and he stated they never raised their prices a cent. Any ammo cost increases came from the stores selling it. He also said they are now going on the assumption this is the new normal as far as ammo demand is and they will stop manufacturing some of the less popular calibers and use that space to catch up on the more popular calibers and they are looking into buying more land to expand to increase production.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Great news, But nothing changed here still slim pickins

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Guns are more availible , ammo on the other hand is a bit tougher only with slight improvements . I can verify in Maryland
    Same here in my neck o the woods.

Both guns and ammo are more available in CO. My range was limiting ammo (all calibers) to members only, one box per member and it had to be used at the range, no stocking up. This was back in Feb, March and April when supplies were at their worst. Their gun case was also totally bare. Now their shelves are full again and, for the most part, have not been limiting ammo purchases. Things are still not back to the way they were last summer but they have gotten considerably better.

That Gander Mountain pic looks like less popular rifle ammo. Most places have it. And isn't Gander Mountain the most expensive store out there?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    And isn't Gander Mountain the most expensive store out there?
    GM is usually higher on most guns and ammo, compared to most shops around Roanoke, VA.

I was surprised to see 5.7x28 (American Eagle) in stock AND priced at $24.99/box of 50 rounds. That is the lowest price I've seen on 5.7x28 in a year.

Most handgun ammo is still fairly scarce around here, but I was working in Eastern TN last week and the stores I checked had more ammo on the shelves than I've seen in a while.

As far as firearms, most everything is available except for the new FN FiveseveN MK2; I have yet to see one in a store.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS075 View Post
    Both guns and ammo are more available in CO. My range was limiting ammo (all calibers) to members only, one box per member and it had to be used at the range, no stocking up. This was back in Feb, March and April when supplies were at their worst. Their gun case was also totally bare. Now their shelves are full again and, for the most part, have not been limiting ammo purchases. Things are still not back to the way they were last summer but they have gotten considerably better.
    Depending on where you live, you should check out BluCore shooting range. I picked up a 1000rd case of 9mm for $300 there.
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

VIP Member
    Guns have been back on the shelves for a while. Ammo is still scarce, at least around here.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links