A Slice of Life at the LGS

This is a discussion on A Slice of Life at the LGS within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Was at the LGS today purchasing something that I didn't realize that I needed. While the clerk was going over my paperwork, they are almost ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 6 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By dben002
  • 2 Post By 91wm6
  • 4 Post By BurgerBoy
  • 1 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By 357and40

Thread: A Slice of Life at the LGS

VIP Member

Was at the LGS today purchasing something that I didn't realize that I needed.

While the clerk was going over my paperwork, they are almost annoyingly thorough, a lady was picking up her S&W AR and she was very thrilled and speaking to everyone about it. Kind of cool seeing a woman purchasing an AR that's not with her husband.

So she asks about magazines and they tell her that the limit is five 20 rounders and so she proceeds to get five. So already she could possibly be the next Mrs. Stove...

I don't usually interject my opinion or comments while at a LGS but she is so outgoing and obviously enthusiastic about her new weapon that I tell her congrats, nice weapon, etc... She then offers it up to me to hold (fondle in my case) and totally check it out.

By this time we have a full blown conversation going and I tell her about a LGS in Manassas, VA where she can purchase 30 round magazines for less than what she was about to purchase and then that got into a conversation about open carry being legal in VA. She had no clue about VA's OC laws so we talked about that for a while, which led into non resident permits etc...

When my paperwork was complete I complimented her on the purchase again, she thanked me for the good info and I was on my way.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    So........you not only picked up the S&W AR you tried to pick up the lady............
    Badey likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Pics or it didn't happen.
    pittypat21 and WHEC724 like this.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

VIP Member
    Believe me, you wouldn't want pics....

The experience was interesting for me because:

1. Purchased a new gun
    2. A woman was buying an AR. No husband or significant other around. How often do you see that in your local fun store?
    3. She was very outgoing and easy to make conversation with.

If you've ever seen Colin Noir's videos, I try not to be "that guy at the gun store" and so I purposely keep to myself. This was totally different which was why I posted.

Not a Penthouse moment, far from it, although it would have been a better story if she was stacked and packed...
    91wm6 likes this.

Without digits she wasn't there... Without pics you didn't fondle ANYTHING!
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You people have no faith.

Now, if the woman gets hotter, and the gun sexier every time he tells the story...Well, then we'll know...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I get it you got your paper work, and the AR got the lady RIGHT ? just askin

VIP Member
    Actually VA law is mute on OC. If there isn't a law prohibiting it, it's legal.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Not a Penthouse moment, far from it, although it would have been a better story if she was stacked and packed...
    You could have lied about it; we're a gullible bunch, and it would make for a much better story!

Now let's determine if she is really wife material. Did she buy 5.56 or 7.62?

Sponsored Links