Donnie D's Smith & Wesson Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review

This is a discussion on Donnie D's Smith & Wesson Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Donnie D's S&W Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review - YouTube Donnie D...

Thread: Donnie D's Smith & Wesson Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review

"When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Welcome to the Club. My wife also carries a Lady Smith. Found this one in the case at my local gun shop case, used, for $330 iirc... it had to take a trip back to Smith for some warranty work (free of course) but its a solid shooter now.

GITRDUUUNNNNN!! Is hers a model 60 or 65?
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

60-14 LS i think this one is Donnie. At least that's the notation I made on it in my record book. So J frame variant in .357 magnum. IIRC then 5 shot on this one.

Fun video!

I don't know what they did to those Model 65 Ladysmith's but those things will shoot. A unique configuration too with that shrouded ejector rod, three-inch barrel, and fixed sights. Smith & Wesson must have worked some sort of magic on the actions for they are uniformly smooth as silk. My brother-in-law has one he got for himself and it has a nicer action feel than does my favorite old Model 10 that's had a jillion rounds fired through it. I'm jealous.

There's one in a pawn shop in a nearby town right now and it's just as smooth and light of trigger. I took a hard look at it. I like everything about it: barrel length, ejector rod shroud, hand-filling stocks. But I don't like the side plate to be sporting "Ladysmith." Guess I'm not in touch with my feminine side for I was calculating ways to remove the marking.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    60-14 LS i think this one is Donnie. At least that's the notation I made on it in my record book.
    As far as I know, if it is a 5 shot it is a 60 or 60 variant. Ifit is a 6 shot it is a 65 or 65 variant.
    I think, but don't hold me to it.
    Donnie D

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Fun video!

I don't know what they did to those Model 65 Ladysmith's but those things will shoot. A unique configuration too with that shrouded ejector rod, three-inch barrel, and fixed sights. Smith & Wesson must have worked some sort of magic on the actions for they are uniformly smooth as silk. My brother-in-law has one he got for himself and it has a nicer action feel than does my favorite old Model 10 that's had a jillion rounds fired through it. I'm jealous.

There's one in a pawn shop in a nearby town right now and it's just as smooth and light of trigger. I took a hard look at it. I like everything about it: barrel length, ejector rod shroud, hand-filling stocks. But I don't like the side plate to be sporting "Ladysmith." Guess I'm not in touch with my feminine side for I was calculating ways to remove the marking.
    Hey, just think of the gun as the lady, not a gun for a lady. Now get back down to that pawn shop and get dat gun afor somebody beats you to it. Move it, move it, move it.
    Donnie D

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieD View Post
    As far as I know, if it is a 5 shot it is a 60 or 60 variant. Ifit is a 6 shot it is a 65 or 65 variant.
    I think, but don't hold me to it.
    Donnie D
    That is as I understand it as well. Only thing I think different is they made some of the lady smiths in the 60 models in 3 or 2 inch. A rumor perhaps but I have heard it. It does appear to me, from some things I read and from those few I have had in my hands, that the actions of all Lady Smiths are worked over a bit from the normal runs.

Sponsored Links