Donnie D's Smith & Wesson Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review

This is a discussion on Donnie D's Smith & Wesson Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Donnie D's S&W Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review - YouTube Donnie D...

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Donnie D's Smith & Wesson Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review

  1. #1
    Member Array DonnieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aulander, North Carolina
    Posts
    447

    Donnie D's Smith & Wesson Model 65 K Frame .357 Lady Smith Review

    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array cphilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,188
    Welcome to the Club. My wife also carries a Lady Smith. Found this one in the case at my local gun shop case, used, for $330 iirc... it had to take a trip back to Smith for some warranty work (free of course) but its a solid shooter now.


  4. #3
    Member Array DonnieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aulander, North Carolina
    Posts
    447
    GITRDUUUNNNNN!! Is hers a model 60 or 65?
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array cphilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,188
    60-14 LS i think this one is Donnie. At least that's the notation I made on it in my record book. So J frame variant in .357 magnum. IIRC then 5 shot on this one.

  6. #5
    Moderator
    Array bmcgilvray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,944
    Fun video!

    I don't know what they did to those Model 65 Ladysmith's but those things will shoot. A unique configuration too with that shrouded ejector rod, three-inch barrel, and fixed sights. Smith & Wesson must have worked some sort of magic on the actions for they are uniformly smooth as silk. My brother-in-law has one he got for himself and it has a nicer action feel than does my favorite old Model 10 that's had a jillion rounds fired through it. I'm jealous.

    There's one in a pawn shop in a nearby town right now and it's just as smooth and light of trigger. I took a hard look at it. I like everything about it: barrel length, ejector rod shroud, hand-filling stocks. But I don't like the side plate to be sporting "Ladysmith." Guess I'm not in touch with my feminine side for I was calculating ways to remove the marking.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

    Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

  7. #6
    Member Array DonnieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aulander, North Carolina
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    60-14 LS i think this one is Donnie. At least that's the notation I made on it in my record book.
    As far as I know, if it is a 5 shot it is a 60 or 60 variant. Ifit is a 6 shot it is a 65 or 65 variant.
    I think, but don't hold me to it.
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

  8. #7
    Member Array DonnieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aulander, North Carolina
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Fun video!

    I don't know what they did to those Model 65 Ladysmith's but those things will shoot. A unique configuration too with that shrouded ejector rod, three-inch barrel, and fixed sights. Smith & Wesson must have worked some sort of magic on the actions for they are uniformly smooth as silk. My brother-in-law has one he got for himself and it has a nicer action feel than does my favorite old Model 10 that's had a jillion rounds fired through it. I'm jealous.

    There's one in a pawn shop in a nearby town right now and it's just as smooth and light of trigger. I took a hard look at it. I like everything about it: barrel length, ejector rod shroud, hand-filling stocks. But I don't like the side plate to be sporting "Ladysmith." Guess I'm not in touch with my feminine side for I was calculating ways to remove the marking.
    Hey, just think of the gun as the lady, not a gun for a lady. Now get back down to that pawn shop and get dat gun afor somebody beats you to it. Move it, move it, move it.
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array cphilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieD View Post
    As far as I know, if it is a 5 shot it is a 60 or 60 variant. Ifit is a 6 shot it is a 65 or 65 variant.
    I think, but don't hold me to it.
    Donnie D
    That is as I understand it as well. Only thing I think different is they made some of the lady smiths in the 60 models in 3 or 2 inch. A rumor perhaps but I have heard it. It does appear to me, from some things I read and from those few I have had in my hands, that the actions of all Lady Smiths are worked over a bit from the normal runs.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

lady .357 reviews

,
lady smith frame
,

lady smith model 65

,

model 65 ladysmith

,
review of smith and wesson mod65
,
s&w 162414 60 ladysmith 357 mag review youtube
,

smith & wesson 65 review

,
smith & wesson model 65 ladysmith
,
smith and wesson 357 65-5 k frame
,

smith and wesson 65 review

,
swith and wesson 65-5 lady smith
,
what kind of frame is 357 magnum lady wesson model 65-5
Click on a term to search for related topics.