Defensive Carry banner

"Model 1" AR15 parts......

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Hobbes 
#1 ·
In my lifetime, I have built probably 15 different AR 15's and M16's suing many makes of lowers and various upper receiver manufactures.

But all have been name brand and/or US Government contracted uppers. In other words, all Mil-Spec stuff.

Well, I was wondering if any of you fine folks here on the board have any experience Model 1 upper receivers. Im only interested in their Chrome Lined bore and chamber (5.56mm bore) uppers.
http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=UME140CL&storeid=1&image=um414pre.gif

I was wondering what you thought and how do they stack up to RRA and Bushmaster uppers.

I believe the uppers from this place have the "A" marked on them, meaning they were forged at the Anchor Harvey plant.
But that doesn't tell me who made the barrels and who chrome lined them? I was thinking may Wilson Combat made them.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
I've got a .300 Fireball tophalf that I use.

It seems to be as good as my other two Bushmasters. Several of my friends have them in various calibers. So far, no complaints. They are good to deal with. I emailed the owner with several questions and got prompt responses.

I'd have no qualms about ordering from them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.