In Armed America, Racism Isn't Whatl It Is Cracked Up To Be

This is a discussion on In Armed America, Racism Isn't Whatl It Is Cracked Up To Be within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have moderator assurance that this thread can fly as long as it doesn't get twisted into racial bickering. I'm not generally a Buchanan fan, ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: In Armed America, Racism Isn't Whatl It Is Cracked Up To Be

VIP Member

In Armed America, Racism Isn't Whatl It Is Cracked Up To Be

I have moderator assurance that this thread can fly as long as it doesn't get twisted into racial bickering.

I'm not generally a Buchanan fan, but he didn't miss anything by much here:

Black America's Real Problem Isn't White Racism

"In New York from January to June 2008, 83 percent of all gun assailants were black, according to witnesses and victims, though blacks were only 24 percent of the population. Blacks and Hispanics together accounted for 98 percent of all gun assailants. Forty-nine of every 50 muggings and murders in the Big Apple were the work of black or Hispanic criminals.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirms Mac Donald's facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit 96 percent of all crimes in the city, he says, but only 85 percent of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics."
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Can't we all just get along?
    Hopyard and Glock1978 like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Dazit.................

VIP Member
    "An analysis of 'single offender victimization figures' from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study."

Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse.
    Those are compelling statistics right there.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Personally I dont care if its a black, white, red, yellow, pink, green, or candy striped thug. A thug is a thug is a thug.
    Betty, mprp, ccw9mm and 24 others like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Black on black crime is more of a threat to the black community than a million George Zimmerman's.

Until the black community wakes up and realizes that the destruction of the family unit is their biggest problem, not white racism, they will still be where they are now 100 years from now. 70% of blacks are born out of wedlock, the abortion rate is 40% or higher (especially in NYC), and it's a right of passage for many young black males to have a "baby mama" as soon as possible.

Blacks who put in the hard work to get educated, speak English correctly and act like citizens are castigated by the black community and often referred to as "Uncle Toms" or "not really black".

Back in the day Martin Luther King, Clarence Mitchell and others expected blacks to behave like citizens and THEN if they were denied because of race, to make it an issue.
    Ghost1958, Betty, ccw9mm and 17 others like this.

Nothing to see here...............move along.
    Secret Spuk and Mr B like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Personally I dont care if its a black, white, red, yellow, pink, green, or candy stripped thug. A thug is a thug is thug.
    Wouldn't a candy striped or pink thug be a thugette?
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    LOL possibly. Of course you have to count extra terrestrial thugs, gender confused thugs, some other smaller classes of thugs that could be any color or combination thereof. But thats another thread
    Hodad likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    As a point of clarification.

I think many people get racism confused with bigotry.

No doubt there are still some racists out there, but most people described as racists are actually racial bigots.

Regardless, neither is an admireable attitude.

As far as the statistics quoted in the original post are concerned I think a more logical explanation of the phenomenon would be the socio-economic status of those killing each other.

What is the frequency of minority on minority crime, violence and murder in the middle and upper income neighborhoods that consist primarily of minorities?

Conversely what is the frequency in low income white neighborhoods?
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Those are compelling statistics right there.
    Source??? Anyone can say anything they like is an FBI statistic. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Can this be sourced?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Dong it.
    TX expat and Ghost1958 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member
    It wouldn't surprise me.
    A 2007 special report released by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, reveals that approximately 8,000 — and, in certain years, as many as 9,000 African Americans are murdered annually in the United States. This chilling figure is accompanied by another equally sobering fact, that 93% of these murders are in fact perpetrated by other blacks.
    These are murders and not gun homicides which are far less.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The reality for the US is the majority of crime is one criminal committing a crime against another criminal, for violent crime it would be the vast majority.
    Hopyard and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    In light of the ongoing civil disruptions, I wonder if the LA Korean shop owners have taken to the rooftops again.
    NONAME762 and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links