Buds Gun Shop - Not like it use to be? And others too?

This is a discussion on Buds Gun Shop - Not like it use to be? And others too? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; T his may need to be moved; I was not sure where to post it. I just noticed on Buds website that there are few ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Buds Gun Shop - Not like it use to be? And others too?

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

This may need to be moved; I was not sure where to post it.

I just noticed on Buds website that there are few and fewer name brand offerings. I know guns are hard to find and I am certainly not bashing Buds but it seems that they are more interested in supplying Bidgunner with forearms. I know this is an extremely profitable avenue but but I rarely see mainstream offerings as we have seen in the past. Rather than seeing S&W, Ruger, Sig, Glock etc. I see more, TISAS, CIA, Century Arm, Emperor Firearms, ATI, etc. Yes, the big names are there but in small quantities and small calibers.

Is this becoming the norm among most all of the large dealers in this day and time? I noticed that used firearms are going for just a few dollars below what the newer versions are bringing.

My best!
    Snub44 likes this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I gave up on Bud's a long time ago. Like you said, they used to be a great online option. Those days are gone.
    Oldpsufan, TN_Mike and Sister like this.

Kentucky Gun Co. might be an option for you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

^ Stop sharing our secret.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I'll stick to my LGS, when you figure in the shipping and paper work there are no big deals that I'm aware of.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    I'll stick to my LGS, when you figure in the shipping and paper work there are no big deals that I'm aware of.
    Kinda my feeling too. I wouldn't buy a gun unless I could handle it first, meaning it is most likely at an LGS - so I'd just buy it there.
    IsaiahM33 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Got any secrets for firearms that aren't new? Honestly, there is very little made in 2013 that interests me. I buy a new firearm every couple of years, but the vast majority of my "extra" money goes to things made yesteryear.
    Mr B, NONAME762 and StormRhydr like this.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

I think the market is too fluid of them to have much of an online inventory anymore. Their brick/mortar store is very well stocked with many options but everything sells extremely fast (except for the stuff you see on their website). They seem to be focusing more on their LGS as opposed to the web site now during the current gun craze. Why take the time, effort, money to put an object on the web store if it'll sell in the brick store before you can even finish the listing?

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Not sure what is under foot but I received a mailer from a group of attorneys regarding a liquidation sale at 4115 Lexington Road, Paris KY. When I ran that address through Google it came back to Buds, Jet Guns, Security Safe Outlet, Smokin' Guns, Bud's Indoor Shooting Range And Guns, Bud Wells Indoor Shooting Range and Paris Firearms. I did not do any more searches but you have really question what is going on.

Again... I AM NOT bashing, Buds but I think there is something here that would make a person question the turn of events. If, for what ever reason, Bud's is in the clear, and this is a mistake, I would think a comment on their website would be in order.

Best, all...
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Not sure what is under foot but I received a mailer from a group of attorneys regarding a liquidation sale at 4115 Lexington Road, Paris KY. When I ran that address through Google it came back to Buds, Jet Guns, Security Safe Outlet, Smokin' Guns, Bud's Indoor Shooting Range And Guns, Bud Wells Indoor Shooting Range and Paris Firearms. I did not do any more searches but you have really question what is going on.

Again... I AM NOT bashing, Buds but I think there is something here that would make a person question the turn of events. If, for what ever reason, Bud's is in the clear, and this is a mistake, I would think a comment on their website would be in order.

Best, all...
    Buds sold the old store on Old Paris Rd, and is now in litigation with them. The new owners called the Store Smokin Guns.
    I would rather do business with the owners of Smokin Guns than the new Buds Gun Shop.

I was just in Buds today, and its not what it used to be. They have a large inventory for sure, but do not try to trade with them. They have grown so big that they feel they no longer need to offer fair trade pricing.

I used to be a big supporter of them, but I will no longer do business there, and would not refer any friends to them.

The new Buds is in Lexington Ky on Industry Rd.

I am friends with the owners of the new store(Smokin Guns), and they are good folks, and the new Buds is trying to put them out of business with dirty legal tricks by using their contacts in higher places.
    Sister and DefConGun like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Buds has DEF taken a turn to the CTD side since Sandy Hook

Distinguished Member
    Every time I check their site all I see is "OUT OF STOCK". I don't know why they even bother. No use for 'um.
    Oldpsufan and Bullet1234 like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Every time I check their site all I see is "OUT OF STOCK". I don't know why they even bother. No use for 'um.
    They never update their used gun section. Today they had many used guns, even the old S&W M10's for 279.00.
    I would not encourage anyone to do business there.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

...I been kickin' my own butt not to have taken advantage of the used police revolvers...M64s, 2" and 4"...when they really were for those prices...don't think we'll see 'em again...
    ...I think our best bet is the local shops and pawnshops...as folks inherit revolvers, and don't want 'em...they're trading them in...my local gets some great revolvers...got my boy a 1951 2nd Generation Dick Spl last week...

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...I been kickin' my own butt not to have taken advantage of the used police revolvers...M64s, 2" and 4"...when they really were for those prices...don't think we'll see 'em again...
    ...I think our best bet is the local shops and pawnshops...as folks inherit revolvers, and don't want 'em...they're trading them in...my local gets some great revolvers...got my boy a 1951 2nd Generation Dick Spl last week...
    They still have them. I saw 4 in the display case today for 279.00

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links