Glock Pistol Box Label Question

This is a discussion on Glock Pistol Box Label Question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently purchased a Glock G27 and the seller said it was a originally ordered for a PD or Sheriff department but was never picked up. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Glock Pistol Box Label Question

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Recently purchased a Glock G27 and the seller said it was a originally ordered for a PD or Sheriff department but was never picked up. The manufacturing date is 2008. The pistol itself seems to have a different, perhaps thicker and more smooth finish, than any other Glock I own. It also has night sights but I see no brand on them. The box has a baby blue label rather than a white label. Could his information be factual? Understand that I am not familiar with Glock labeling procedures and finishes.

Item # is PN2750702

TIA for the help!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Blue label is LEO package, most likely with Glock night sights installed. Should have 3 mags instead of the usual two. It's an older generation (probably Gen 3) with the less aggressive grip texture.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Blue label is LEO package, most likely with Glock night sights installed. Should have 3 mags instead of the usual two. It's an older generation (probably Gen 3) with the less aggressive grip texture.
    Ok.. Now the label on the box says 2 9RD which is what is in the box. One has an extension and one has the standard floor plate. Is that normal or has someone monkeyed with the contents?

TIA!
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Ok.. Now the label on the box says 2 9RD which is what is in the box. One has an extension and one has the standard floor plate. Is that normal or has someone monkeyed with the contents?

TIA!
    Sounds like the normal 3rd generation blue label package.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

The sub compacts only come with 2 mags on the blue label program. the compact and standard size guns come with three. Not sure about the floor plates but it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary. I believe they came as you described.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Thank you folks.. I appreciate the education!

My best!
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

I assume that the G27 is a gen 3 or earlier? My blue label G26 comes with 3 mags but it is also a gen 4
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Quote Originally Posted by FLMOPE View Post
    I assume that the G27 is a gen 3 or earlier? My blue label G26 comes with 3 mags but it is also a gen 4
    Heard that all gen 4 guns come with three now. That was part of the reason for the cost increase on gen 4's.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Yes.. my Gen4 G19 came with 3 in March. I asked and was told that was normal now. Also comes with a Glock mag assist loader as well, although I already have an uplula.

The LEO packages, as has been stated above, come with Glock factory night sights (Meprolights from what I have read), and three mags. My Glock 23
    came with the baby blue sticker and was an LEO package. Glock Gen 3 have a different, more ceramic look than the Gen 4's which have gone back to a
    more Gen 2 flat black.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Sponsored Links