The Motor City Madman Is, Well...Mad

This is a discussion on The Motor City Madman Is, Well...Mad within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Caution: adult language. Ted didn't much like Stevie Wonder's boycott of all things Florida regarding the recent verdict: Ted Nugent Slams Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott: ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Motor City Madman Is, Well...Mad

VIP Member

The Motor City Madman Is, Well...Mad

Caution: adult language. Ted didn't much like Stevie Wonder's boycott of all things Florida regarding the recent verdict:
    Ted Nugent Slams Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott: 'Braindead,' 'Numbnuts,' 'Soulless' - Yahoo! TV
    357and40 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Ted, IMHO, isn't a poster child for our side of the debate. Yet his celebrity allows him a bully pulpit unavailable to most of us. I agree with most of his positions, but his somewhat confrontational style doesn't always move undecided folks in a Pro 2nd Amendment direction.
    StormRhydr and atctimmy like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Ted, IMHO, isn't a poster child for our side of the debate. Yet his celebrity allows him a bully pulpit unavailable to most of us. I agree with most of his positions, but his somewhat confrontational style doesn't always move undecided folks in a Pro 2nd Amendment direction.
    I'm not sure there are many undecided in this particular race.
    jem102 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    You are right about Mr. Nugent and his candid opinions. His in your face style can be polarizing. Me, I love it!!!

Although I occasionally (not very often) will take exception with his views, many times he verbalizes, quite articulately in my opinion, what many of us are thinking or feeling.

On top of that I find him extremely high in entertainment value whether he is playing his guitar or making mincemeat out of some liberals bizarre, non-sensical logic.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Distinguished Member
    Per Ted: "I will pray for Stevie Wonder and all these other numbnuts who think that Trayvon Martin's life is more important than the tens of thousands of slaughtered blacks at the hands of blacks? I don't even know what to do with that information ..

He does have a valid point.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've got to go with the Mad Man on this one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Nugent did say that he would pray for the "Superstition" singer -- before insulting him some more.
    Love this line from the article.

All I got is LMAO......
    oneshot likes this.

I wish he would tell us what he REALLY thinks.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Don't really give a crap what the anti-gunners think any more....Ted is right....they need to go spend their time on the South Side of Chicago where the real prolblem exists, not in Sanford, Florida.

I personally am boycotting anything that one of these "artists" derives a penny of income:

....and the pattern in this group is that they are pretty much over the hill, washed up has beens, so my boycott should not be too difficult to
    implement.

Stevie Wonder
    Madonna
    Justin Timberlake
    Beyonce
    Jay-Z (whatever that means)
    Dionne Warwick
    oneshot and 357and40 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Roll, Ted Roll!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Don't really give a crap what the anti-gunners think any more....Ted is right....they need to go spend their time on the South Side of Chicago where the real prolblem exists, not in Sanford, Florida.

I personally am boycotting anything that one of these "artists" derives a penny of income:

....and the pattern in this group is that they are pretty much over the hill, washed up has beens, so my boycott should not be too difficult to
    implement.

Stevie Wonder
    Madonna
    Justin Timberlake
    Beyonce
    Jay-Z (whatever that means)
    Dionne Warwick
    Just do what Warwick says: "Walk On By."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Policy debate meets Wango Tango.

But I do agree, sans ad hominems.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Actually that list of SYG state boycotters is inaccurate - Madonna, Timberlake, and other said they aren't on board

We're pretty much where we are because we've been too nice. They take that as weakness and feel they have intimidated us into submission.
    They need to know they are grabbing a tiger by the tail.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links