gun parts painting

This is a discussion on gun parts painting within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looking for help and advice on painting metal and polymer gun components. (tips,tricks,paint types and brands,prep,etc) Thanks Donnie D...

Thread: gun parts painting

gun parts painting

Looking for help and advice on painting metal and polymer gun components. (tips,tricks,paint types and brands,prep,etc)
    Thanks
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I haven't painted any metal gun parts. I did paint the plastic stock on my Savage mod 93 .17 HMR. I took the gun apart and wiped it down with denatured alcohol. After drying I used Krylon Fusion spray paint for plastics and painted a desert cammo type pattern using pieces of branches from around my property to shadow the 3 different colors. It turned out great and has held up up well! Groundhogs will no longer come within 200 yds of my garden LOL!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I DuraCoated a CZ-82 and found out quickly that the prep is all important. Clean and degrease completely!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Thanks for the tip, guys. Looks like it will be awhile before I'll need them. I'm looking for a Hi-Point model 995 TS 9mm, but I may as well be searching for the Lost Ark of the Covenant.
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Links