We Genuinely Need The Anti-gunners, and Here Is Why

This is a discussion on We Genuinely Need The Anti-gunners, and Here Is Why within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The law of unintended consequences. Sure, things get tight for awhile, but the ranks keep swelling: Is the Gun Control Debate Still Boosting Gun Manufacturers? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: We Genuinely Need The Anti-gunners, and Here Is Why

VIP Member

The law of unintended consequences. Sure, things get tight for awhile, but the ranks keep swelling:
    Is the Gun Control Debate Still Boosting Gun Manufacturers? | Wall St. Cheat Sheet
    tony1990 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    As my dad used to say, "The truth is a stubborn thing".

They'll have a tough time convincing citizens that they don't need the ability to defend themselves.

What scares me is when they finally realize this and just enact the gun restriction laws anyway.

Gun Control gave the Republicans the Congress during the Clinton years. Guess what Obama's facing.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I hear Barry is getting a set of steak knives for winning "gun salesman of the year".
    tony1990 and StormRhydr like this.

Oh I don't know; I think I could use a little R&R. Just give us a month of not hearing the cries for gun control or any more proposals. Can they do that? Can they help us out and just give us a month? Just a tiny break, that's all I'm asking for.
    norb5150 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The law of unintended consequences. Sure, things get tight for awhile, but the ranks keep swelling:
    Is the Gun Control Debate Still Boosting Gun Manufacturers? | Wall St. Cheat Sheet
    The risk is that all the hype creates a bubble in the market like y2k. When the hype subsides, most of those guns purchased during the run go on the used market and kills the demand for new guns. This could force some manufacturers to close especially if they expanded during the boom and don't need the extra capacity or can't pay for it.

If a good proportion of those guns sales keep their guns, and get active into shooting, it will be good.
    sensei2 likes this.

Younger generations are growing up on the post-911 era and one of their greatest top of mind issues is self protection. I don't see them falling for the anti gun rhetoric. Not even the liberal minded of the younger generations. A lot of young people I know who have liberal beliefs are clinging tightly to their gun rights.
    DetChris likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

We need the anti-gunners like we need a case of cooties.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I personally dont need them at all and wish they would move to England. I dream of our country actually being free, not just lips service paid to it. Where our rights are our rights where ever in our nation we go, not just where the tyrunts fear to raise more devils than they can put down. Nope dont need em at all. But they all need to sail away at one time though
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I personally dont need them at all and wish they would move to England. I dream of our country actually being free, not just lips service paid to it. Where our rights are our rights where ever in our nation we go, not just where the tyrunts fear to raise more devils than they can put down. Nope dont need em at all. But they all need to sail away at one time though
    We should give 'em a big send-off, sending them away en masse, starting with the next congressional (mid-term) elections and then in 2016. Send 'em all packing.

As for whenever any citizen actively seeks to destroy/sidestep the constitution's clear protections? The moment those activities involve a single congress critter, I'd say: convict 'em of crimes and attempted crimes against the Constitution, then deport 'em both, as you say.

If only we were that free, where any attempts were seen for what they were.
    Pinot and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    It is also good for rising ammo and gun prices and shortages. What will happen is that the market will be saturated and once the talk dies down the gun and ammo manufacturers are going to find themselves with very few customers because a lot of people bought them. Some bought more than they normally buy. Ammo will rebound in about a year but guns will not. Guns can last a long time unlike ammo. There are a lot of people who are going to be dumping their surplus guns on the used market which will also take away from the manufacturers.

I visited my local gun store today. The parking lot was empty. The gun range was empty. The two workers who are normally there were not. The shelves were filled with lots of used guns and some pretty good new ones in the popular models. No buyers. People already bought the guns that they wanted to buy over the next few years, now. Last week I visited another local gun store and he had more new guns then shelve space. People are not buying guns as much as normal and plenty are trying to sell those guns bought in panic. I have no idea why people bought up all the local revolvers and other guns not being considered for gun control, but they did. Now, with ammo prices still high, they cannot afford to shoot them much. Then again I live in an area with a lot of people on a fixed income and ammo is a luxury for many.
    sensei2 likes this.
    If everyone had the same opinion, there would be no reason to give one. It is a given that each opinion is believed to be correct. It would be silly to post something you believed to be incorrect. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    It is also good for rising ammo and gun prices and shortages. What will happen is that the market will be saturated and once the talk dies down the gun and ammo manufacturers are going to find themselves with very few customers because a lot of people bought them. Some bought more than they normally buy. Ammo will rebound in about a year but guns will not. Guns can last a long time unlike ammo. There are a lot of people who are going to be dumping their surplus guns on the used market which will also take away from the manufacturers.

I visited my local gun store today. The parking lot was empty. The gun range was empty. The two workers who are normally there were not.

Now, with ammo prices still high, they cannot afford to shoot them much. Then again I live in an area with a lot of people on a fixed income and ammo is a luxury for many.
    Ammo has been a luxury for me the last 3 years for sure. February and March I bought 250R on 2 occasions at 2 separate shops 30 miles apart.

Up until perhaps 2005 I did all of my plinking out in the woods about 15 miles from my house. In the last 3 years I was going to a range at $15 a trip+ammo+targets+gas there and back. About $30 all told for barely 2 hours of fun. What burns my butt is every 'range' I've ever been to including the semi local range has the same bravo sierra rule against rapid fire.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Truly anti-gun people are like a hemorrhoid and harder to cure.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    The risk is that all the hype creates a bubble in the market like y2k. When the hype subsides, most of those guns purchased during the run go on the used market and kills the demand for new guns. This could force some manufacturers to close especially if they expanded during the boom and don't need the extra capacity or can't pay for it.

If a good proportion of those guns sales keep their guns, and get active into shooting, it will be good.
    I don't buy guns to sell them later.

I didnt know ranges did not allow rapid fire. I have been lucky, in that respect. Either go to a range that allows it (a State Range), or use private land and do what I like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links