Thoughts on YouTube OC videos?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on YouTube OC videos? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After watching some of these I've come the conclusion of one thing: They're doing it wrong! I get what they're trying to do and how ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By fredg53
  • 1 Post By ScubaSteve08
  • 1 Post By PEF

Thread: Thoughts on YouTube OC videos?

After watching some of these I've come the conclusion of one thing: They're doing it wrong!

I get what they're trying to do and how they feel about the law but they make their own lives that much more difficult by trying to play the 'this is what the law says' card. If you get stopped for OC'ing because people called you in, just show your damn ID! That little card you carry in your wallet is your trump card. Literally that is the difference between 5 minutes of your time and a long day. Saying you're a law abiding citizen doesn't mean anything if you can't back it up. So you get stopped and you refuse to show ID? It all goes downhill from there. Refusal just makes them put their guard up and indicates that A) You're gonna be 'that guy' B) you have something to hide from them. The police are there only because they HAVE TO INVESTIGATE. They're not there to take you in, take your gun, or whatever possible 'bad thing' that could ruin your day. They are not leaving until they can come to the conclusion that you're just an average Joe and you pose no real threat.
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

98% of you tube videos are some oaf wishing he knew what he or she was talking about.... the other two percent are very knoiwledgable people sharing their wisdom and long learned knowledge with us. I recommend Hickock45 as a starting point.....
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I've watched some of the OC videos.We don't have it here,and personally i wouldn't but i have nothing against it.

People who carry firearms,whether its CC or OC,have laws to follow such as myself.We abide by the laws,or end up being fined,jailed,whatever it may be.

That said,if someone is OCing,and it's illegal,to stop someone,just because they are OCing,like walking down the street or wherever,then shouldn't the cops abide by that law?

They are trying to do their job,i realize that,well most anyway.

It's according to how a person feels i guess.

It kind of reminds me of the gay man who video'ed his rant at a cashier at Chik-Fil-A. Regardless of the validity of the argument, you're making it to the wrong people, and it does no good.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

IMO the ones I have seen are idiots and they need to get a life
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    I've watched some of the OC videos.We don't have it here,and personally i wouldn't but i have nothing against it.

People who carry firearms,whether its CC or OC,have laws to follow such as myself.We abide by the laws,or end up being fined,jailed,whatever it may be.

That said,if someone is OCing,and it's illegal,to stop someone,just because they are OCing,like walking down the street or wherever,then shouldn't the cops abide by that law?

They are trying to do their job,i realize that,well most anyway.

It's according to how a person feels i guess.
    That part I get. No one wants to have their time wasted or stopped just because they have a gun. It's kinda like damned if you, damned if you don't. In today's day and age with the paranoia concerning guns, whether it can be credited to a lack of knowledge or simple fear, having a gun will put you in the spotlight regardless of your intentions. Is it right? No. But is that the way things are? Yes. Until things change it's gonna keep happening and hopefully they will change.
    Manderinobyebye likes this.
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

They do it for attention dude. After the first 100 or so oc videos they pretty much lost any educational value.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve08 View Post
    ...Saying you're a law abiding citizen doesn't mean anything if you can't back it up. ....
    I would refer you to the Fourth and Fifth Amendments of the United States Constitution. But you may disagree, and that's cool.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I get what they are doing. You should not be hassled for doing something legal. You do not have to provide ID unless you are being detained.

I think they are trying to "fight for rights" that we give up too easily

Having said that, many of them act like jerks, and could stand to be a lot more polite to the LEOs. Just my .02.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

This again. Its simple. If its legal its legal and LE has no business even speaking to you much less stopping you unless the officer himself witnesses you breaking the law in some way. MWAG calls legally do not give an officer the right or authority to stop a person legally OCing unless he himself witnesses something illegal personally.
    Of course like everything else those who have a little control are compelled to try to increase that control in all areas by any means, and Lord help the person that questions their effort to do that.

If its not legal its not, though it should be in every state as any gun control is infringement on 2A. However that is whole other can of snakes.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Links