interrsting article on finger position

This is a discussion on interrsting article on finger position within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; this was posted by winthrop holsters on FB, but i thought I would share as well. Finger in the “C” Position Heres my thoughts on ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 2 Post By tdave
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: interrsting article on finger position

interrsting article on finger position

this was posted by winthrop holsters on FB, but i thought I would share as well.

Finger in the “C” Position

Heres my thoughts on this having tried it under dry fire conditions:

NO NO NO........ The c positioned loosed my grip up so much that under recoil the grip would shift. Also, my training has always led me to "point" with my trigger finger as a reference for muzzle direction so it feels weird not doing it. some more thoughts.....
    Personally this is a solution to a problem that does not exist in normal circumstance, and if it does it is such a non issue for most that it requires no solution. They note sympathetic grip and reflex actions causing negligent discharge, but how frequently does that actually occur. The majority of negligent discharges occur with the finger on the trigger, and those that dont almost always occur due to a lack of training. In a SHTF situation, the finger along side the slide allows muscle memory to put your finger in place, especially after an attack such as a strike to the Ulnar nerve, where you will have no feeling in your fingers anyway.Also, it is a simple movement to slide your finger down and back, which allows your finger to contact the trigger naturally in the arc of movement. Moving the finger forward in such a condition only allows for more error, what if your finger moves too far forward and you dont grasp the trigger, what if your finger tip catches on the back of the trigger?

While this may be ideal for a select few, as a believer in the dont fix what aint broke philosophy, this is not for me in any fashion. What are your guys thoughts?
    Snub44 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

I think you covered it with if not broke don't fix.
    Taurahe and bwromine like this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Not for me.
    Good response

...I completely agree with you on this one, Taurahe, the C idea is unnatural and I don't see any merit in it...

VIP Member
    I will pass, as well.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

What a consarned dang-fool idea - good way to have an accident. Indexing your trigger finger is a tried-and-true, proven element of safe handling. Monkey about with it at your own risk.

In fact, fumbling around for the "C-position" is likely to put a round through your own leg or worse.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Moving to General Firearm Discussion -nothing here about armed self-defense.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Moving to General Firearm Discussion -nothing here about armed self-defense.
    You could have just as easily moved it to off-topic and humor, except it isn't funny.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

This seems an idea born out of dwelling too long over minutiae. It is not that I am unwilling to try alternate techniques of gun-handling if it seems an advantage.

The C-Finger thing makes no sense to my poor mind. I think a bent finger is subject to damage more easily than a straight finger if there's a tussle. I also think a bent finger is looking for a place to rest into a grasp right into the trigger guard than if a finger is straight along the frame.

Necessity is the mother of invention. The C-Finger meets no necessity.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

Administrator
    I can't figure out if that is more asinine than it is ridiculous or more ridiculous than it is asinine.
    Don't even bother watching the Video.
    I'll never get that few minutes back.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links