Bravo company vs palmetto state AR's

This is a discussion on Bravo company vs palmetto state AR's within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; BCM 16 M4 Carbine MOD 2 at G and R Tactical VS. PSA 16" M4 Premium Patrol Carbine Package - Palmetto State Armory - Rifles ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bravo company vs palmetto state AR's

BCM 16 M4 Carbine MOD 2 at G and R Tactical

VS.

PSA 16" M4 Premium Patrol Carbine Package - Palmetto State Armory - Rifles - Firearms

Looking at these two rifles the specs seem to be identical only difference I see is the type of steel used in the barrel.com

If I am reading all this right I can get the gun with the same specs for $700 vs $1400

Only extra cost I would have with the PSA is a free float handguard and buis.

Any one that can conform its almost the same rifle besides name please chime in.

Thanks

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Both are great AR's! I was told that PSA uses military contract FN barrels that were meant for full auto use. Coincidently FN has a plant in Columbia SC ,which is where PSA is located. I have not heard anything but positive feedback on the PSA, which is gaining popularity in the law enforcement community. I predict that their prices will increase dramatically in coming years due to them currently being very modestly priced for what you get.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Do you have any links or facts to prove that. I heard that as well but never found a reliable source proving they do use FN barrels.
    Thanks

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbraves8 View Post
    Do you have any links or facts to prove that. I heard that as well but never found a reliable source proving they do use FN barrels.
    Thanks
    They say it.

PSA SS12G2 Premium 16'' 5.56mm 1:7 Mid-length CHF A2 Profile - Without BCG or Charging Handle - Barreled Upper Assemblies - AR-15

Most of their premium barrels are made by FN.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Thanks
    My PSA has the "FN" logo stamped on the barrel.

Proof enough for me.
    atctimmy likes this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    My PSA has the "FN" logo stamped on the barrel.

Proof enough for me.
    When did you order yours?

In reading posts from those that seem to be "in the know", PSA is probably the best value/bang for your buck; however, you gets what you pay for with BCM, Noveske, LMT, and DD (apologies if I've left anyone out)
    Drgnfly, zacii and atctimmy like this.

Can't go wrong with any of the companies list in post #7.

BCM PSA Noveske LMT DD Spikes....

Love my PSA mid-length. Great rifle. I was about to get a BCM upper for my Mega lower but I bought a complete PSA rifle for the same money as just the BCM upper without a BCG and hand guard. I'll still build the Mega and it'll be sweet but my PSA shoots as well as any of my other rifles and cost less than $700.

I've seen Internet reviews of poor quality control lately at PSA but all of the first hand feedback from the owners i know is positive. That's not to say the Internet stories are lies though. I'm sure there are people out there who have had legitimate problems with their PSA rifles. But i've seen people have problems with LMT's and Noveskes also.

The stories you read about terrible customer communication and lousy shipping experiences at PSA are absolutely true though. I hear they're attempting to increase their staff to account for it but if possible, go to the store to get your rifle. They've got monkeys running their shipping department and good luck getting someone to return your call or email.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    In reading posts from those that seem to be "in the know", PSA is probably the best value/bang for your buck; however, you gets what you pay for with BCM, Noveske, LMT, and DD (apologies if I've left anyone out)

I do really like the BCM but specs to specs the rifles seem to be almost identical what makes the BCM twice the price

BCM specs
    BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Mod 4 Charging Handle
    Tactical Handguard
    Folding Rear Iron Sight
    Carbine Length Gas System
    M4 Feed Ramp Barrel Extension
    M4 Feed Ramp Flat Top Receiver
    T-Marked Upper Receivers
    USGI 5.56mm NATO Chambers
    Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel
    Chrome Lined Bore and Chamber
    Manganese Phosphate Barrel Finish on entire barrel
    Mil-Spec F-Marked Forged Front Sights
    Taper Pinned Front Sight Base
    USGI Government Profile Barrels
    HPT (High Pressure test, per Milspec) Barrels
    MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected, per Milspec) Barrels
    Bolt machined from Mil-Spec Carpenter No. 158® steel
    HPT Bolt (High Pressure tested/ Proof)
    MPI Bolt (Magnetic Particle Inspected)
    Shot Peened Bolt
    Chrome Lined Carrier (AUTO)
    Chrome Lined Gas Key
    Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications
    Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners Key
    Staked Per Mil-Spec
    Tool Steel Extractor
    BCM® Extractor Spring
    Black Extractor Insert
    Receivers Machined from Aluminum Forgings 7075-T6
    Receivers Hardcoat Anodize per MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
    BCM® Milspec 7075-T6 Receiver Extension
    USGI Mold M4 Stock Staked M4 Lock Nut
    USGI H Buffer (1 USGI Tungsten, 2 Steel)
    Magpul MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard
    Low Shelf for RDIAS installation
    Low Shelf for Accuwedge use
    Un-notched Hammer compatible with 9mm use
    Fire Controls marked SAFE and SEMI

PSA
    •CMV 4150 steel constructed & chrome-lined barrel features M4 profile & black matte phosphate finish
    •Dust cover
    •Brass deflector
    •Forward assist
    •Carbine-length gas port
    •1:7 RH twist
    •7075-T6 aluminum M4 flat-top Mil-Spec upper is hard coat anodized black & equipped w/extended feed ramps, engraved T-marks, standard M4 handguard w/double heat shield, & forged F-marked front sight post & A2 flash hider
    •7075-T6 aluminum forged lower is black hardcoat anodized & features standard PSA fire control group w/combat trigger, A2-style grip & aluminum trigger guard
    •Mil-Spec carpenter 158 steel constructed bolt (Shot-peened, MPI, HPT) is chrome-lined & features parkeriz" "0136579

I do really like the BCM but specs to specs the rifles seem to be almost identical what makes the BCM twice the price

You're paying for top of the line QC, components, and extremely responsive and helpful customer support.

You aren't going to get canted sights, uneven/poor finish or awful tool marks/stake jobs that were performed by a drunk with Parkinson's, and BCM hasn't been caught lying about selling substandard parts (see: MIM gas key fiasco).

As to whether that boost in quality is worth the price, that is entirely up to you. For me, it's like debating Kel Tec/Taurus/Hi Point vs S&W/Glock/Springfield.

Hey easy on the Kel Tec....my Sub2000 is the only firearm I have with plastic bolted together with screws and nuts. :)

On the other hand my psa upper (dec) and bolt (June) have preformed great in my AA lower with a PSA LPK. Now I've ordered several things from PSA and it's been 50/50 on shipping times IMHO, but the quality of the items I've received has been top notch. I wish I'd pulled the trigger on a 300 upper when they were still 425 bucks. Time will tell if the upper is quality or not, initial quality so far is Fordlike, will it turn into dodgelike quality over the next few thousand rounds or not.

When did you order yours?
    Couple of years ago I think.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Couple of years ago I think.
    Yea now I read online some of the new rifles they are sending out are comming with wilson barrels I believe. IDK if thats good or not

Quote Originally Posted by synx View Post
    You're paying for top of the line QC, components, and extremely responsive and helpful customer support.

You aren't going to get canted sights, uneven/poor finish or awful tool marks/stake jobs that were performed by a drunk with Parkinson's, and BCM hasn't been caught lying about selling substandard parts (see: MIM gas key fiasco).

As to whether that boost in quality is worth the price, that is entirely up to you. For me, it's like debating Kel Tec/Taurus/Hi Point vs S&W/Glock/Springfield.
    so are you saying PSA compared to BCM is just about the same as Hi point vs Glock?
    Do you think thats a over estimate or no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links