Why is this in the news?

This is a discussion on Why is this in the news? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It seems that a notorious man bought a ballistic vest and security system, and it made the news. Zimmerman ordered bulletproof vest, home security system ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By Mike1956
  • 7 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus
  • 1 Post By joker1
  • 1 Post By Once
  • 2 Post By rstickle

Thread: Why is this in the news?

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

Why is this in the news?

It seems that a notorious man bought a ballistic vest and security system, and it made the news. Zimmerman ordered bulletproof vest, home security system while out on bond | Fox News

Was the seller in Orlando required to report the sale? Who was this seller? If they leaked without legal requirement I would like to avoid doing business with them. Please, lets keep the man out of this so it doesn't get locked down.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    It seems that a notorious man bought a ballistic vest and security system, and it made the news. Zimmerman ordered bulletproof vest, home security system while out on bond | Fox News

Was the seller in Orlando required to report the sale? Who was this seller? If they leaked without legal requirement I would like to avoid doing business with them. Please, lets keep the man out of this so it doesn't get locked down.
    The media has kept the bullseye affixed to Z since he first came to their attention. Any would-be assassins now know not to waste their time on a COM shot, and to stay away from cameras on his residence.
    Ghost1958 and msgt/ret like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member
    The title, "Why is this in the news"?

With all due respect, can't this be asked about 99.8% of what's on TV, ALL news channels?

Love my XM radio, can tune all that bad news out and no commercials. What is called by some as news now days insults my intelligents.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

For better or worse Zimmerman has now joined the Kardashians in the realm of public gossip. Bread and circuses, man. Gotta keep the headlines fluffy to distract people from the endless wars, the NSA spying and the fact that the country is owned lock, stock and barrel by roughly 400 multi-millionaires.
    Sister likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    He better have more than that, and in multiple quantities.
    I can't imagine what he'll do to make a living, he's a walking target.
    'course when he gets done suing the networks, he may be able to retire to the mountains.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post

If he ordered the stuff online, the NSA probably just passed the info along to the Brady Bunch. If he bought it in person, they probably just passed along the intercept from the credit card transaction.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

He was found "not guilty" but sentenced to a life of being under a microscope, looking over his shoulder, and public scrutiny. All this in addition to the personal pain he probably feels for taking a life in defense of his own.
    niks likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    My question was , , Does Florida require stores to report bullet-proof vest sales, or was this a case of a company betraying customer privacy?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    He better have more than that, and in multiple quantities.
    I can't imagine what he'll do to make a living, he's a walking target.
    'course when he gets done suing the networks, he may be able to retire to the mountains.
    He could go to work endorsing Kel Tec.
    gen3 likes this.

Zimmerman ordered bulletproof vest, home security system while out on bond
    Why wouldn't he? The lynch mob has been howling for his blood since day one of this sad affair.

Lead Moderator
    If it doesn't belong in the news, why would you post it here?
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links