‘Just Because We Wear High Heels Doesn’t Mean We Can’t Pull a Trigger’

This is a discussion on ‘Just Because We Wear High Heels Doesn’t Mean We Can’t Pull a Trigger’ within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is an article and website I give out to the ladies I help with their training. ?Just Because We Wear High Heels Doesn?t Mean ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: ‘Just Because We Wear High Heels Doesn’t Mean We Can’t Pull a Trigger’

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Here is an article and website I give out to the ladies I help with their training.

?Just Because We Wear High Heels Doesn?t Mean We Can?t Pull a Trigger? | TheBlaze.com

NRA Women | NRA Women

Hopefully this helps!
    wmhawth likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

She lost me at "Women are better shots than men" perhaps at her house they are.

VIP Member
    I am ok with her shooting better then me . I have not one problem with it .
    bigmacque likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I don't have a problem with her being a better shot than me, but the statement was "women are better shots than men" I don't know that I agree with that...

Distinguished Member
    I can't walk in high heels, and I don't think the fellar at the other end of my gun would be looking at my feet.

IMO the title about heels and triggers has nothing to do with each other. Heck, we all know some men out there wear heels (not that there's anything wrong with that ) and I doubt it would do anything to help or hurt their trigger performance.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Amen sister..

The thing is, as a general rule, women listen better than men and follow directions better. They also, as a general rule, don't have preconceived notions about how to shoot from watching movies, etc. In the ranks of the average shooter, women will get much more out of a class and will improve more and faster for an equal amount of instruction. Let's face it, there's a lot of bad info floating around places guys tend to frequent while shooting. That said, if you look at the Bianchi Cup results, there are far more men at the top than women - I think that's b/c there are more men that start earlier and devote more time to it.
    tcox4freedom and OD* like this.

With new shooters, I would much rather train a woman than a man. The men have that macho - man card issue going against them. The women listen, follow directions, and have fun where the men turn it into a serious match and get frustrated much more.
    tcox4freedom, OD* and bmcgilvray like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member
    We probably smell better too
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

My wife shoots better than me, as long as I'm there to rack the slide for the first round.

Of course, with a revolver she's lost.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    With new shooters, I would much rather train a woman than a man. The men have that macho - man card issue going against them. The women listen, follow directions, and have fun where the men turn it into a serious match and get frustrated much more.
    Can you train my wife? She is so darn stubborn. For pistol shooting I try to help her out with grip and trigger pull, but she says "I'll hold it the way I want to hold it". Then she pushes the gun forward and/or jerks the trigger and misses the target. Then she exclaims "Just because you read articles and watch Youtube videos, doesn't" mean you know what you are doing!" No but I hit the center of the target almost every time. Crap I realize that was the wrong thing to say as she puts the pistol down and stomps back to the car.

I signed her up for a "For Women Only" Pistol Training Course at the end of the month. Maybe she won't be as stubborn and pick up some basic skills so we can just have fun shooting together. Here's hoping.
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    My wife & I love working with NRA/WOT events. I can tell you over the past five years of doing it, women do listen better and follow instruction a LOT better than their me do. You put an "untrained" man & an "untrained" woman through the same training, I'd bet you that at the end of the day the woman would be shooting as good or better than the man 60% -70% of the time.

-

...the few women I've trained to shoot did exceptionally well because they just followed the instructions...several firing for the first time outshot some of the "gunmen" present...
    ...one of the most dreaded calls on the street was "woman with a gun"...

From the instructors I've spoken with, they say most women don't have the "bad shooting habits" men have picked up, so they're starting with pretty much a clean slate so to speak.
    Snub44 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Its a natural fact that its the rare wife that a husband can teach to do anything from driving to shooting. Actually the husband or BF is actually probably the very worst person to try to teach his woman anything. Even if hes the worlds best at it and she knows nothing about it. It can rarely be done without much much pain involved but not often.
    Snub44 and blitzburgh like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links