Sig Sauer P229 SAS Gen 2 Pistol Grip question

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P229 SAS Gen 2 Pistol Grip question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For those of you who own a Sig Sauer p229 SAS Gen 2 version,would it be possible to change it's factory grip to a Hogue ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer P229 SAS Gen 2 Pistol Grip question

Sig Sauer P229 SAS Gen 2 Pistol Grip question

For those of you who own a Sig Sauer p229 SAS Gen 2 version,would it be possible to change it's factory grip to a Hogue Rubber Grip?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, provided they make the grip you want. The screw holes are already in the gun.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Yes, provided they make the grip you want. The screw holes are already in the gun.
    The reason for me asking this question is because in the picture of the P229 in the Sig Sauer website,there are no screw holes in it's grip.I'm just wondering if there any inside the grip.

Yes. I have done two 229Rs with the E2 grip. The SAS should be no different. Will know later today as I am picking up a SAS at 10:00. Check iTunes for a video it will help with the nerves on the first time. It really is very simple with the Sig plastic tool that comes with the gun. You will need to purchase 4 grip screws as they do not come with Hogue grips. My son loves them on his 229, I went back to the E2 grips on my. Have a Q tip handy it is helpful to hold one side of the grip open while you rease the other. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    Yes. I have done two 229Rs with the E2 grip. The SAS should be no different. Will know later today as I am picking up a SAS at 10:00. Check iTunes for a video it will help with the nerves on the first time. It really is very simple with the Sig plastic tool that comes with the gun. You will need to purchase 4 grip screws as they do not come with Hogue grips. My son loves them on his 229, I went back to the E2 grips on my. Have a Q tip handy it is helpful to hold one side of the grip open while you rease the other. Good luck!

Please let me know when you get your Sig P229 SAS Gen 2 version.You see,I live here in the Philippines and I still have to order the Hogue Rubber grips and I shall only do it if it would fit the SAS Gen 2 version of the Sig P229.Unfortunately for me,in the gun storewhere I bought my Sig P229 SAS Gen 2,there none in display so I had to order it.
    Thanks in advance.

The screw holes are already in the gun. All you need is the grips and screws.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

If you just want something to give you a little better grip a bicycle inner tube does a great job without making the grip fatter.

Secretariat , I am sure they will work, as others have said the screw holes are in the handle. I too have to order anything as we live in a remote area with no LGS close. I am in Seattle today and plan to pick up another 229 in SAS and a 224 they have in stock and will check on the screw holes and post latter today. The Hogue rubber grips make the handle larger (thicker). We put them on 2 229s. My son loved his but I didn't care for them. So I ordered a set of G10 grips and tried them. They were better for me but I liked the E2 grips the best and went back to them. Each to his own. If you do order grips you must order Grip screws for Sig. MidwayUSA has both slotted and hex. Be back soon.
    Secretariat likes this.

Secreariat, just walked out with a new 229 SAS. Hogue rubber grips will work. Don't forget grip screws and good luck. Once you do it you will be an expert.

Secreariat, just walked out with a new 229 SAS. Hogue rubber grips will work. Don't forget grip screws and good luck. Once you do it you will be an expert.
    Thanks for your time and information.By the way,how do you remove the original grips of the Sig Sauer P229 SAS Gen 2?It doesn't look like they have screw holes on them?Again,Many Thanks.

PS.For give the ignorance but what do you mean when you say",Once you do it,you will be an expert?"
    Thanks again.

Once you change the grips you will see how easy it is to do. The first one I did I was very nervous, but once I did it and realized I could not damage the gun and how simply it is to do I had worried for nothing. I recommend you google "changing grips on sig 229" on Utube. There are some videos there that were very helpful to me. That will help you more than me trying to talk you through it. If you have you gun it came with a plastic rod about 8 inches long that you wondered "what's this for". It's to remove the E2 grip. If you have not received you gun yet it will be in the box. We never could figure out what it was for until we looked at the Utube videos about changing E2 grips.

Once you change the grips you will see how easy it is to do. The first one I did I was very nervous, but once I did it and realized I could not damage the gun and how simply it is to do I had worried for nothing. I recommend you google "changing grips on sig 229" on Utube. There are some videos there that were very helpful to me. That will help you more than me trying to talk you through it. If you have you gun it came with a plastic rod about 8 inches long that you wondered "what's this for". It's to remove the E2 grip. If you have not received you gun yet it will be in the box. We never could figure out what it was for until we looked at the Utube videos about changing E2 grips.

Thanks again for your reply and time.By the way,would you know if a 15 round magazine(9mm),(the one used for the P229 Enchanced Elite), can also be used for the SAS Gen 2 version?
    Thanks again.

Don't know about that as all my Sigs are 40S&W. I do know the 40 clips will perform with 9 mm.

Don't know about that as all my Sigs are 40S&W. I do know the 40 clips will perform with 9 mm.

Thanks anyway for the information.I assume that the Sig SAS gen 2 come with the E2 grips.Are E2 and Ergo grips the sdame kind of grips.You know what,I have a feeling that if the SAS Gen2 come with the E@ grips,I might like them as well and not change anymore to the Hogue grips as I have somewhat smallish hands.I held a Sig P238 and it seemed to fit my hands well.
    Thanks again for everything.

The Sig grips are the smallest grips for that gun. Don't buy any grips until you have held and shot your gun. You will love this gun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links