Russian gun advice for Americans

This is a discussion on Russian gun advice for Americans within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi, Somebody posted something a day or so ago and I followed links on interesting things and came across this article. Some of you will ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Russian gun advice for Americans

Distinguished Member

Russian gun advice for Americans

Hi,
    Somebody posted something a day or so ago and I followed links on interesting things and came across this article. Some of you will probably know this info about Russia and how it use to be where they all had guns just like we do and what happened after they were slowly taken away. I had not heard of it. Wonderful article and well written.

Americans never give up your guns - English pravda.ru
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Hi,
    Somebody posted something a day or so ago and I followed links on interesting things and came across this article. Some of you will probably know this info about Russia and how it use to be where they all had guns just like we do and what happened after they were slowly taken away. I had not heard of it. Wonderful article and well written.

Americans never give up your guns - English pravda.ru
    A good read. Thanks for the link.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Now if only our own population would wake up before we wind up going thru the same things.
    OhioCatter and Sister like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Thanks for the good read Sister. Here's a short video that tells a similar story but in Austria.
    tdave, B_2keys and Sister like this.

Great stuff. The takeaway:

"Do not be fooled by a belief that progressives, leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not. What they hate is guns in the hands of those who are not marching in lock step of their ideology. They hate guns in the hands of those who think for themselves and do not obey without question. They hate guns in those whom they have slated for a barrel to the back of the ear."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 45Fight View Post
    Thanks for the good read Sister. Here's a short video that tells a similar story but in Austria.
    That's great, thanks! Loved what she said in the end - "keep your guns and buy more guns"!
    blitzburgh and Ghost1958 like this.
    GOA Member

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Now if only our own population would wake up before we wind up going thru the same things.
    +1

One thing is clear, once citizens lose the right to own firearms there is nothing they can do to get them back.

I read on another forum that in England there was some outcry for the return of their gun rights as a response to crime. Of course the politicians have little tolerance for such radicals.

That is true. They had no tolerance of us nor we of them.
    tdave and Sister like this.
    Peace is our Profession, War is just a Hobby---Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Guaranteed Worldwide Delivery in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman II--- SAC WILL BE BACK!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

The nation has more latent power than the politicians but has been collectively dumbed down by the politicians and won't use the power available to it.
    Ghost1958 and Sister like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    The nation has more latent power than the politicians but has been collectively dumbed down by the politicians and won't use the power available to it.
    I think about this a lot, the power we have and the power the ones we put in have and the fact that nobody is doing anything....anything at all. I don't get it.

{had to be very, very careful on this post least we don't get political }
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    GOA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    {had to be very, very careful on this post least we don't get political }
    Right now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop in another thread that I worded veddy veddy carefully so as not to offend closeted liberals in this forum. Mustn't get too political
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

That was a pretty depressing article, since that's clearly where we're heading with no sign of slowing down and no hope of changing things.

They've been chipping away at the 2a since what, 1934? How long until we've got a de facto ban on all firearms? (Hint: Be very, very scared when you start hearing about a proposed "ammo tax").

I'll keep my guns and take the punishment. If I'm not dead and I get out, I know where they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links