opinions on what to buy?

This is a discussion on opinions on what to buy? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; well, I sold my only rifle, leaving me with only my xdm .40. ive got a narrowed list of options and was wondering if anyone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: opinions on what to buy?

opinions on what to buy?

well, I sold my only rifle, leaving me with only my xdm .40. ive got a narrowed list of options and was wondering if anyone had any opinion about the following list: a ruger blackhawk, taurus pt945, bersa bp9cc (or .40), ruger sr1911 cmd, SA XDs, 442, or I can save my pennies for a beretta 87 target. im really only interested in pistols or revolvers at this time. thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

chiappa rhino. why? because they look sweet.
    barring that, im favorable to the beretta 87
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Just buy the ruger.!

VIP Member
    Everyone needs a 1911.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I love my xds45. Knowing what I know now about 1911s, I would buy a kimber if I were doing it for the first time or a series 70 colt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

S&W .500, or a Ruger Alaskan .454 Casull.
    ZOMBIEvs42 likes this.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Buy another rifle. Every man should own a rifle.
    ZOMBIEvs42 likes this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

The Ruger Blackhawk has been on my lust list. (It's got a lot of company.)

im leaning towards the bersa, sr1911 cmd and the xds pretty equally. I dont have anything against rifles, except im in the middle of town and nowhere close to shoot one. it just sits and I never get practice in. I have a hard time keeping firearms i dont use. i dont have the money to tie up in collecting, my firearms are tools.

If it were me, I would save a little more money, and go for a firearm a little more towards the upper tier level.

Examples in my book are , Colt 1911, Springfield 1911, Older model Sigs;226,229, a Browning High Power, or CZ 75..ect.

Then after you have owned and spent some time with one of these, you will look forward to getting rid of the XD.
    ZOMBIEvs42 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

glockman, ive owned a cz p06 and a sig 229. I have small hands and the triggers were much too forward for to use properly. in the case of the 229, the grip was also too fat. ive tried glock after those and ended with the xdm 3.8 fullsized. its grip has the smallest circumference and I like the grip safety. even fullsize, I carry it at 3oclock and it doesnt print. its very accurate. I like it quite well. you have excellent taste in firearms though. I have also considered a springfield 1911 milspec.

Hopefully not a tool you may need in the coming years.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Quote Originally Posted by floggindave View Post
    glockman, ive owned a cz p06 and a sig 229. I have small hands and the triggers were much too forward for to use properly. in the case of the 229, the grip was also too fat. ive tried glock after those and ended with the xdm 3.8 fullsized. its grip has the smallest circumference and I like the grip safety. even fullsize, I carry it at 3oclock and it doesnt print. its very accurate. I like it quite well. you have excellent taste in firearms though. I have also considered a springfield 1911 milspec.
    My apologys. Maybe I failed to read it properly, but for some reason I thought that you were looking for suggestions based on a more limited experience, and not for any physical limitations.

But I still have to suggest either a Colt or SA 1911.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I just picked up a Springfield 1911 and love it. so my vote is for the ruger. ive done some research on them and they look like some sweet shooters!

no apologies necessary glockman. i was looking more specifically to the firearms I had mentioned, but on re-reading my post, I can see that I was too vague on the matter. I picked those firearms based on how they felt to me, and was looking for similar suggestions or anyones experience with the ones I listed. I havent had the opportunity to shoot the specific models listed, so inwas hoping for feed back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links