Thinking of trading shotgun for lever action carbine.

This is a discussion on Thinking of trading shotgun for lever action carbine. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I have a browning gold hunter mossy oak camp 12 gauge 3" that looks like new. I bought it new 10 years ago at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Thinking of trading shotgun for lever action carbine.

Thinking of trading shotgun for lever action carbine.

So I have a browning gold hunter mossy oak camp 12 gauge 3" that looks like new. I bought it new 10 years ago at least. I think I want tot trade it for a 44 mag lever gun. Then eventually I can get the browning a5 shotgun when the urge strikes. I dont have any lever guns now and I want a 44 wheel gun down the road so I thought might as well combine calibers. So what 44s are good? I tried to go to one of my LGS but he was on vacation. Also how much out of pocket should I come up with?

-Jason

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Depends on the lever gun, local market and about a hundred other factors. But, now would be a good time to sell the shotgun as the fall hunting season starts in a few short weeks.
    Jab73180 and warbirds like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

...Henry or pre-2000 Marlin, I'd say good trade...EVEN SWAP...the Browning carries it's own weight...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jab73180 View Post
    So I have a browning gold hunter mossy oak camp 12 gauge 3" that looks like new. I bought it new 10 years ago at least. I think I want tot trade it for a 44 mag lever gun. Then eventually I can get the browning a5 shotgun when the urge strikes. I dont have any lever guns now and I want a 44 wheel gun down the road so I thought might as well combine calibers. So what 44s are good? I tried to go to one of my LGS but he was on vacation. Also how much out of pocket should I come up with?

-Jason
    blitzburgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...Henry or pre-2000 Marlin, I'd say good trade...EVEN SWAP...the Browning carries it's own weight...
    That's what I wanted to hear.

-Jason

I've got a Marlin lever .357 and several revolvers chambered in the same caliber. The cool part about the .357 is being able to also shoot .38 Special out of it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

everybody should have some type of level gun in their home. they have been around for a long time and still are getting the job done.
    OD*, Jab73180, NONAME762 and 1 others like this.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Your Browning in a trade with a gun store will fetch about $300- Maybe $250.

You will not get an even trade. Far better to sell it first, then go buy your 44.

The Browning you have is not an unfired Superposed, it's a run of the mill more expensive option to the Remington 1100 and others. I don't believe the camo adds value because it excludes all the non-hunters who like shotguns. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, just sharing what I expect an offer for a trade would yield.

Quote Originally Posted by warbirds View Post
    Your Browning in a trade with a gun store will fetch about $300- Maybe $250.

You will not get an even trade. Far better to sell it first, then go buy your 44.

The Browning you have is not an unfired Superposed, it's a run of the mill more expensive option to the Remington 1100 and others. I don't believe the camo adds value because it excludes all the non-hunters who like shotguns. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, just sharing what I expect an offer for a trade would yield.

Party pooper. :thumbdown:

-Jason
    kmagnuss likes this.

...for sure...I only shot .44Spl out of mine...lots more fun!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I've got a Marlin lever .357 and several revolvers chambered in the same caliber. The cool part about the .357 is being able to also shoot .38 Special out of it.

...this will help you find the age of a used Marlin you may be considering...

Marlin Manufacture Dates
    Jab73180 likes this.

IMO, you can't go wrong with a Henry.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I have a Henry Big Boy in .357mag it is a very nice rifle

Henry Big Boy.jpg

The Big Boy and the S&W 686 are always fighting it see which one can their owner to shoot the most .357 ammo

S & W 686.jpg

Right now the Big Boy has a comfortable lead.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Recently picked up a Henry Golden Boy .22LR. Beautiful little rifle with a super smooth action and super fun to plink with.

I have been eyeing up a Big Boy since and cannot decide on the caliber. Older Marlins are pretty good, but for the money, these guns are beautiful. Uberti is another to consider, but never owned one.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

...Uberti and Puma both make fine-looking rifles, but parts would have to be imported...no idea of how scarce trained service reps would be, and I don't know how they hold up...Cowboy Action Shooters use them a lot...
    ...Henry and Marlin are American made...which still means something to me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links