Uberti Pistols

This is a discussion on Uberti Pistols within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just to give you all an update I decided to buy a Uberti pistol. I did some checking and from what I hear they manufactured ...

Thread: Uberti Pistols

Uberti Pistols

Just to give you all an update I decided to buy a Uberti pistol. I did some checking and from what I hear they manufactured the black powder pistols that were sold by Colt. I figure if Colt thought they were good enough it was OK with me. I look at it as a double win because I still have negative feelings toward Ruger so they donít get my money. Plus I save a couple hundred bucks by buying the Uberti. I didnít place the order yet because it is too dam cold to shoot outside. The pain in my back and knees gets real bad if I stand outside in the cold weather too long and black powder is too Smokey to shoot indoors. Maybe Iíll get lucky and they will run a sale when I am ready to order. But I made up my mind after reading all the opinions on this forum and another forum I post on.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Uberti Pistols

Uberti makes beautiful high quality firearms.
    Here is a link to the Uberti Home Page & from there you can see their entire line of firearms.
    Folks say that the \"fit & finish\" of modern Uberti is better than the older original Colt pistolas that are coveted so much.
    UBERTI FIREARMS - Click Here

Uberti Pistols

Thanks for the link I already visited there so I was aware of it, but maybe I should have posted it in case anyone else may be intreasted in shooting black powder

DC Founder

Uberti Pistols

A few years back while at the local outdoor range on a Saturday morning (Rio Salado for you local Phoenix area folks) I had a blast watching the SASS Cowboy Shoot. I enjoyed it so much I didn't even shoot that day. Anyway, I decided I wanted to join SASS and start shooting their events. I ran home and started researching and wound up buying a Uberti .45LC SAA, a good cowboy leather belt and holster, historically accurate, not a TV western rig. To make a long story short, I never shot SASS. I only shot the Uberti a couple of times on the range but absolutely loved it. I also took it with me a time or two when a good buddy of mine(Prospector, a member here) and I went prospecting. But I spent more time simply holding that Uberti and simply admiring it than anything else. It's fit and finish was absolutely beautiful. In my research I could not find one bad comment about it. Most of my reading on the Uberti SAA has most people agreeing that they were, indeed, better built and finished than the original Colt ever was.

I sold that gun and holster to a friend (nighthawk, a member here) and have regretted it. I miss not having it to hold and admire, but I doubt if it would have seen much range time. Uberti does some impressive work. I have never used one of their black powder pistols but have no doubt you will be very happy with it. :kay:

DC Founder
    By the way, I split this thread for others that may have an interest in this pistol. I thought it rated a thread of it's own :)

I'll post some picture of my Uberti's I have 2. One .45lc and one black powder and .45lc with interchangeable cylinders.

i have heard there a pretty decent pistol i have handled a few but never Shot one .

Administrator

Heck ~ We're pluggin' Their Shootin' Irons & Their Site

I'm sure they would love it if we posted one lil' ol' picture from their site here on the forum.
    Photo Credit Given To Uberti Firearms.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I owned one .45LC. It shot great. Traded it off, but I still liked it.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

Links