How many handguns?

This is a discussion on How many handguns? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How many handguns are you familiar with, or are you only familiar with one? I don't mean looked at one in the gunshop, but have ...

View Poll Results: How many handguns you you now own or have owned all at one time in the past

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3

20 20.20%
  • 4-7

27 27.27%
  • 8-12

21 21.21%
  • 13-20

10 10.10%
  • 20+

20 20.20%
  • This is my first and only handgun.

1 1.01%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: How many handguns?

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar

How many handguns?

How many handguns are you familiar with, or are you only familiar with one?

I don't mean looked at one in the gunshop, but have fired it, broke it down, cleaned it or replaced parts, and re-assembled it.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

2. Remove Ads

That question ranks alongside asking a Texas rancher how many head of cattle he has - not really good form. Also not wise to put that info on the interweb, even though this is a private forum.

The 'correct' answer might be "more than I need, fewer than I want."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

This poll is anonymous and is not being used to gather numbers, but get a feel for how many might be familiar with a number of different handguns.

I don't care what brands, makes, or models or how many mega-rounds it holds.
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

Now if "Lost them all in a boating accident" was an answer your poll would get blown up.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    First nothing on this website is anonymous! DO NOT POST ANYTHING YOU CAN'T DEFEND IN A COURT OF LAW!

Second I think mine was lost when Mt Saint Helen's blew her top! Or was it in the Yellowstone fire! Just haven't got around to filing that insurance claim!
    welder516 likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    This poll is anonymous and is not being used to gather numbers, but get a feel for how many might be familiar with a number of different handguns.

I don't care what brands, makes, or models or how many mega-rounds it holds.
    I am very familiar with any number of different handguns. Hope that helps.
    oneshot, 40Bob and wester like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    I do not own any guns right now. But i have POP TARTS shaped like guns , also i do have a Gun Book with lots of pictures . I'm good right now

Only problem about the POP TART guns i eat one every day
    Brad426 and onacoma like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

That's the sort of answer I was looking for.

So am I.

Let's see if I can edit this to reflect a less 'intrusive' question.

I can't edit the poll title, but changed the question of the opening post.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    That's the sort of answer I was looking for.

So am I.

Let's see if I can edit this to reflect a less 'intrusive' question.
    How are you doing Mr. Snowden
    shockwave likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Well, I don't work for the NSA, but I'm quite certain that they know who I am from past military service.
    welder516 likes this.

I've bought 3 in the last 3 weeks and it hasn't been a notably busy month for me. Monday might just become #4.
    airslot likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Stupid people get on "Facebook" and post when and where they are going on vacation. A hacker can trace who posted anything and where they live. Why would anyone post a message or vote on a forum and give the size of their firearm inventory?????

OH, It's O.K. My guns are in a safe ....

Excuse Me...Duhhhhhhhh
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

I own a number of different handguns because I like a number of different handguns. The only handgun I've ever bought because of need instead of want is my little Ket-Tec P-3AT. The Kel-Tec fills a very specific role that I needed it for. The others are not filling any sort of specific need other than as self defense or collector gun. Mostly though because I liked it.

I just wondered what the experience level was of the general membership. Nothing sinister or a numbers crunching exercise to report to the CDC.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskeetshooter View Post
    Stupid people get on "Facebook" and post when and where they are going on vacation. A hacker can trace who posted anything and where they live. Why would anyone post a message or vote on a forum and give the size of their firearm inventory?????

OH, It's O.K. My guns are in a safe ....

Excuse Me...Duhhhhhhhh
    I guess if you have a FB account that could happen.
    atctimmy likes this.

I don't mind playing on the Forum, posting photos and such. But all is never revealed to any one person. Only my wife perhaps, but she doesn't care.

Was at an establishment a few years back and overheard an obviously rank noob boasting to all in earshot that if he was in a foxhole and zombies were attacking, he could lay all his firearms out in front of him and have 50-something rounds on tap.

Thought about making a pointless Forum poll on such a topic. "If you loaded up each and every firearm, how many rounds could you fire off before running dry?

__ Ya gotta hold wha'cha got or you'll be "outa bullets." Back up gun? What's that?

__You can lay down some serious suppressive fire if the need arises.

__You can defend the homestead with arms and ammo enough for the whole family, Grandma too.

__ Everyone on your block would be amply supplied if you hosted a defensive "block party" in your neighborhood.

__You're a one-man infantry division.

__ You're the real reason for the nationwide run on guns and the ammo shortage.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links