Groups with WASR AK47

Groups with WASR AK47

This is a discussion on Groups with WASR AK47 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Made a trip to the range yesterday. I have a WASR AK from Century Arms. Tons of fun to shoot, and it's the first rifle ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bigmacque
  • 1 Post By Chuck808

Thread: Groups with WASR AK47

Groups with WASR AK47

Made a trip to the range yesterday. I have a WASR AK from Century Arms. Tons of fun to shoot, and it's the first rifle I've ever bought. Here it is hanging on the wall in my room, where it stays.

Did some shooting. Had the mag rested on a table, but the barrel or the rest of the gun wasn't supported at all, but I'd imagine it still counts as rested shooting. Anyway, top group was 15 rounds at 25 yards. Bottom group was 10 rounds at 15 yards. On the bottom group, I put 4 shots through that one bigger hole. Pretty happy with that shooting. As a novice shooter, and especially novice rifle shooter, it's about as good as I can do with irons on an AK with Wolf ammo. What do you think of the grouping? How are your groups with this type of rifle? Glock used for size comparison.

Also, finally got to fire my Maverick 88 12ga. Put on a pistol grip and fired a few 2.75" #4 birdshot. Lots of kick, but fun for a paper target. Then I loaded in 4 shots of 3" 00 buck... Mistake. My wrist and hand is so sore. Anyone else ever try something like this? Yikes. I'm having a hard time making a fist. Stupid idea I had.

It's even more red today.

Also, got a Gen2 Glock 17 in a trade the other day. Shoots great. Only problems are the ejector launches casings straight back, and he mag release button doesn't really pop the mag out with any force. Any way to fix these problems easily?

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I think the Glock's defective; ship it to me, I'll take it off your hands.

Pretty sure the 88 is defective as well, shouldn't hurt that much. Ship that one to me, I'll take that one off your hands too.

Not sure what to tell you about the AK; ship that one to me and I'll do some research on it and see if we can figure out what it's problem is.

Edit: btw, where did you shoot them? Curious, your location is not far from me.
    Chuck808 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I'm so used to seeing Gen 3 and 4 Glocks I forget how ugly they used to be. lol I can see where their bad reputation for looks came from. While not the prettiest girl at the party now, they are lightyears ahead of where they used to be!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I think the Glock's defective; ship it to me, I'll take it off your hands.

Pretty sure the 88 is defective as well, shouldn't hurt that much. Ship that one to me, I'll take that one off your hands too.

Not sure what to tell you about the AK; ship that one to me and I'll do some research on it and see if we can figure out what it's problem is.

Edit: btw, where did you shoot them? Curious, your location is not far from me.
    Shooters World by USF. Its a great range.
    bigmacque likes this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I was wondering if you were at Shooters World. My bro-in-law told me about it and I'd really like to get down there and try the place. He said he's been in there on weekday mornings and been the only shooter in the place.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Saturdays are packed. I was in there yesterday, on a Sunday, around 1pm, and it wasnt bad at all. At one point, we were the only lane in the room.

Anyone else? What kind of groups can you get with iron sights with an AK? Im curious to see how mine compares. Im sure its not anywhere near as good as most of you, but Im working on it.

Links