Another m&p trigger thread

This is a discussion on Another m&p trigger thread within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been considering some type of trigger kit for my shield 9mm since I bought it about 5 months ago.It's been a bit of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Another m&p trigger thread

I have been considering some type of trigger kit for my shield 9mm since I bought it about 5 months ago.It's been a bit of a tough adjustment after shooting about 3000 rounds through my fs m&p pro 9 which has smoothed out quite a bit,especially if I alternate between the two at the range. I prefer the lighter pull on the pro 9 but the reset on the shield.

Well today I went to Cabelas with my son in law to buy his xds 9mm.(after shooting the shield and XDs,I thought they both performed well with similar triggers.

While talking with salesmen (who both own shields) about triggers,one of them pulled a Walther PPQ from the showcase.I thought,wow I really really like this trigger,more specifically the short very pronounced reset.
    This is when I decided I want a better trigger on my future carry gun.
    Although I have read up some on the forums on trigger kits for m&p's.I'm not sure what upgrades or kit I would need to lighten the pull a little and achieve ppq type reset on my shield.

I would really appreciate any thoughts and info from you guys.

Thanks in Advance
    Mike L.

Apex trigger kit.

Shield > xds IMO. And walther mag release isn't for me :)

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I don't understand why anyone buys a S&W if every other person has to install an Apex kit.
    warbirds likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsored Links