The funny, and the scary...

This is a discussion on The funny, and the scary... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The funny: Man armed with bat and knife attempts to rob a gun store - CNN.com It amazes me sometimes what goes through the minds ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By gasmitty

Thread: The funny, and the scary...

The funny, and the scary...

The funny:
    Man armed with bat and knife attempts to rob a gun store - CNN.com
    It amazes me sometimes what goes through the minds of these people, definite candidate for the 'Darwin award'...

And the scary:
    Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    Is this the shape of things to come?. My Taurus 92 has a 19rd mag, i'd be pretty p***ed if someone took it off me.

Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

2. Remove Ads

The funny part was indeed funny. Wonder if our budding nuclear physicist candidate will get any brighter in the slammer.

As for the scary part, I'm sure the Taurus lawyers are behind it, but at least their announcement focused the attention where it belongs - on the cowardly legislators in those named states. And, note that they correctly referred to mags with >10 round capacity as "normal capacity" magazines. The rest of the industry and shooters would do well to do the same.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Re/the funny part: you can't fix stupid. Really, you just can't make stuff like that up, now can ya?
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The funny part was indeed funny. Wonder if our budding nuclear physicist candidate will get any brighter in the slammer.

As for the scary part, I'm sure the Taurus lawyers are behind it, but at least their announcement focused the attention where it belongs - on the cowardly legislators in those named states. And, note that they correctly referred to mags with >10 round capacity as "normal capacity" magazines. The rest of the industry and shooters would do well to do the same.
    I'm starting to wonder if I should weigh the political leanings of the company more when firearm shopping. Kahr and Taurus seem to at least deal with it openly. Plus I really want that seven-round .357 snubby.

This whole magazine capacity thing is just stupid. I have some old fed-ban period 10-round 9mm magazines, I just get disgusted looking at them with the stupid little follower-block dent in the middle. Such idiocy.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

You know a 3/16" drill but will cure that dent.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Kudos to them for alerting those who otherwise wouldn't of known. I wouldn't be surprised if the "alert" was put up due to the amount of people not familiarizing themselves with the laws in their state and wondering why the hell they ended up being out of a magazine.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    You know a 3/16" drill but will cure that dent.
    This is true. Just need a couple of springs then.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Links