Cabby Shoots first...

Cabby Shoots first...

This is a discussion on Cabby Shoots first... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A local Cab driver here in Charlotte, NC was approached by a scumbag who attempted to rob him with a shot gun. Well, the cabby ...

Thread: Cabby Shoots first...

Cabby Shoots first...

A local Cab driver here in Charlotte, NC was approached by a scumbag who attempted to rob him with a shot gun. Well, the cabby got the drop on the guy and neutralized the guy permanently. However, the news keeps reporting how they don't know if the guy will be charged with murder. Come on! My area has had a string of cab drivers getting killed and robbed and you make the Bad guy look good.

This makes people afraid to carry and protect themselves. I even noticed a "No defensive chemical Spray" sign at our local unemployment office which I frequent with my clients. And this is in addition to no knives or concealed weapons legal or not. Man, lets just tie 100.00 dollar bills around our necks and walk buck naked through a dark alley. Ok, off my soap box.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Assistant Administrator
    I even noticed a "No defensive chemical Spray" sign at our local unemployment office
    Heck - that's just making ridiculous into absurd

Cabby - murder charge? Well justifiable homicide is about as much as that one warrants, if facts accurate. Sounds like some logic needs used.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

They don't have a right to regulate chemical spray. correct me if I'm wrong. That is absurd. Or at least in my state...
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Congrats...

to the cab driver. Saved the taxpayers a lot of time and money.
    The BG got instant justice...

Hope the cab driver gets no charges...he should get a reward!

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Link to story

Here is a link to the story on a Charlotte TV station website:

Cab driver shoots robber

All it says is "the case will be presented to the district attorney for review". I think that is standard procedure in a shooting, and I would hope the cab driver gets to walk.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    What about "offensive"chemical spray?

Some perfumes could fall into that category.....LOL
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    It's amazing how far they've taken outlawing the things we do to prepare for saving our own lives.

They specify that DEFENSIVE things are not permitted. This is THE SAME as saying "WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DEFEND YOURSELF AGAINST VIOLENT AGGRESSORS -- SUCKS TO BE YOU."

Criminal protection zones, indeed.

It is frustrating that I am made to feel GLAD whenever someone is violently attacked in such places. The reason is, people are going to HAVE to suffer violent attacks, it seems, in order to force others to the realization of how WRONG these policies are. Every injured or murdered victim is blood on the hands of those whose moronic brains tell them that victim-disarmament is a viable, sensible policy to enforce.

A local Cab driver here in Charlotte, NC was approached by a scumbag who attempted to rob him with a shot gun. Well, the cabby got the drop on the guy and neutralized the guy permanently. However, the news keeps reporting how they don't know if the guy will be charged with murder. Come on! My area has had a string of cab drivers getting killed and robbed and you make the Bad guy look good.
    The cabby might be charged with murder? Sure enough, if the incident isn't actually an attempted robbery as claimed. Here it is being assumed that the event was actually an attempted robbery. That may be what the cabbie has claimed. For all we know, it could have been a dope deal or the cabbie got in some sort of fight or other conflict with the guy and thought he would drive over and settle the score.

So the cops have to investigate the incident accordingly and determine if things are as claimed. The investigation goes quicker if there are witnesses that support the shooter's story.

Sponsored Links