Active Shooter Decatur Georgia Charter School

This is a discussion on Active Shooter Decatur Georgia Charter School within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Active shooter reported by CNN/WSB-TV2 News at a Charter School in Decatur Ga, just east of Atlanta. No one hurt, 800 students and teachers safe. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Active Shooter Decatur Georgia Charter School

Active Shooter Decatur Georgia Charter School

Active shooter reported by CNN/WSB-TV2 News at a Charter School in Decatur Ga, just east of Atlanta. No one hurt, 800 students and teachers safe. Gunman reported in custody is White 20 something years old armed with AK47. Parents awaiting students to be bussed to nearby shopping center parking lot.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

2. Remove Ads

Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    No casualties reported so far. Glad of that.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I'm glad nobody is hurt and I look at this with utter disgust. Want to be famous for all of the wrong reasons? Well, the media has surely laid out the path.

Glad that everyone is safe..
    Brad426 and wcearp like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by gregivq View Post
    I'm glad nobody is hurt and I look at this with utter disgust. Want to be famous for all of the wrong reasons? Well, the media has surely laid out the path.
    +1 on this. You wanna stop these things arm school personnel and don't show these guys on the news or make them household names.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    +1 on this. You wanna stop these things arm school personnel and don't show these guys on the news or make them household names.
    Exactly! But now we'll have people demanding armed guards at every school. Come to think of it...someone suggested that before but it sounded like a tewwibbble idea then.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregivq View Post
    Exactly! But now we'll have people demanding armed guards at every school. Come to think of it...someone suggested that before but it sounded like a tewwibbble idea then.
    The best solution is pass a federal law that ALL teachers/administration/staff are allowed to conceal carry with additional one day class per year. The people taking those classes and carrying can not be released under ANY circumstances. This would stop the school shootings over night. These people want to do the most damage, not just get gunned down. They will move on to other soft targets.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    The best solution is pass a federal law that ALL teachers/administration/staff are allowed to conceal carry with additional one day class per year. The people taking those classes and carrying can not be released under ANY circumstances. This would stop the school shootings over night. These people want to do the most damage, not just get gunned down. They will move on to other soft targets.
    If only I could like this more than once.
    accessbob, Snub44 and zonker1986 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

When I took my son to school this morning I walked past a plain clothes cop carrying a firearm on school property. Well, I assumed that he was a cop but I wouldn't have been in a position to do much about it if he wasn't and if he had started shooting since I'm not permitted to carry a firearm on school grounds. Other than that, the school had sent me their security "upgrades" which didn't mention having armed security at the school.

As far as getting the media to ignore these incidents by these jerks opening fire somewhere, it isn't going to happen. 1. It's liberal news media and 2. see the first amendment. In fairness, it gets reported on conservative news outlets, also.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    The best solution would be to just adhere to the 2A which would let the teachers carry as they should be able too without having a to pass a Federal anything. Result is the same except the Feds stay where they are supposed too. With their mitts off of the 2A
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    When I took my son to school this morning I walked past a plain clothes cop carrying a firearm on school property. Well, I assumed that he was a cop but I wouldn't have been in a position to do much about it if he wasn't and if he had started shooting since I'm not permitted to carry a firearm on school grounds. Other than that, the school had sent me their security "upgrades" which didn't mention having armed security at the school.

As far as getting the media to ignore these incidents by these jerks opening fire somewhere, it isn't going to happen. 1. It's liberal news media and 2. see the first amendment. In fairness, it gets reported on conservative news outlets, also.
    It CAN happen. Back in the 70's all the networks would show idiots who jumped onto baseball and football fields and the (usually drunk) yahoos would get their 15 minutes of fame. Then the networks agreed to stop showing them and now those incidents are far more infrequent.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    The best solution would be to just adhere to the 2A which would let the teachers carry as they should be able too without having a to pass a Federal anything. Result is the same except the Feds stay where they are supposed too. With their mitts off of the 2A
    There is some question on if the 2nd Amendment gives you the "right" to carry a firearm concealed. It is not addressed. I think you could argue that it protects the right to open carry, but that is a little different. All of our rights have limits, even the 2nd.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." If you believed there would no limits, it would be legal to yell fire in theater or to threaten people, or incite a riot. But as we all know, there are limits on freedom of speech, just like there are limits on the 2nd.

It CAN happen. Back in the 70's all the networks would show idiots who jumped onto baseball and football fields and the (usually drunk) yahoos would get their 15 minutes of fame. Then the networks agreed to stop showing them and now those incidents are far more infrequent.
    That's because networks like baseball and football and want those actions to cease. No other agenda apparent.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Glad the kids are safe. Hope the shooter never loses his well deserved obscurity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links