Got My Receiver - Can You Spot The Blemish?

This is a discussion on Got My Receiver - Can You Spot The Blemish? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ordered a Palmetto State Armory blemished receiver. I picked it up today, and initially had a little trouble spotting the blemish. Can you spot ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sc_hunter

Thread: Got My Receiver - Can You Spot The Blemish?

Got My Receiver - Can You Spot The Blemish?

I ordered a Palmetto State Armory blemished receiver. I picked it up today, and initially had a little trouble spotting the blemish.

Can you spot the blemish (the mark between the safe and fire is a piece of dust, not a blemish)?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377037570.845747.jpg
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

2. Remove Ads

I see what looks like 2 unless they are dust. To the left of the far left hole. On edge of machined indent. The other half an inch to left of indent.
    Looks like teeny weeny white speck.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Little scratch on the take down pin hole but that's nothing that cant be touched up or just get it cerakoted and call it a day. What did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking im looking at picking a couple up for me and my wife.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I assume you are left handed?
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

So....you got a good deal on it then? If you're doing a build, you'll likely scratch it up a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by RockingGlock32 View Post
    Little scratch on the take down pin hole but that's nothing that cant be touched up or just get it cerakoted and call it a day. What did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking im looking at picking a couple up for me and my wife.
    Bingo!

I got it and 10 PMags for $169. It was a weekend deal. The same package is going for 189 now. It was $7 for shipping.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by oldskeetshooter View Post
    I assume you are left handed?
    No. They marked both sides with safe and fire. The left side was just where the little scratch was.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I see what looks like 2 unless they are dust. To the left of the far left hole. On edge of machined indent. The other half an inch to left of indent.
    Looks like teeny weeny white speck.
    The speck was also dust. There was just the one scratch you pointed out.

Yep- I see it, but would not bother me too much.
    dV8r likes this.

We couldn't find one..... on one someone got. We looked and looked and looked...... finally found one tiny scratch inside the mag well. That was it. They seem to be a well made lower, and you can't beat the price for that type of lower.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links