A Convicted Murderer's Case for Gun Control

A Convicted Murderer's Case for Gun Control

This is a discussion on A Convicted Murderer's Case for Gun Control within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A Convicted Murderer's Case for Gun Control - Atlantic Mobile "Despite the Xanax dulling my emotions, my heart pounded when I picked up the M16 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A Convicted Murderer's Case for Gun Control

Thumbs down A Convicted Murderer's Case for Gun Control

A Convicted Murderer's Case for Gun Control - Atlantic Mobile

"Despite the Xanax dulling my emotions, my heart pounded when I picked up the M16. A rush of power surged through me when I felt the trigger. I pointed in the driver's side window... and squeezed..."

Emphasis added. I don't even think this was really written by a murderer. He claimed to use an M16 and the rest of the article seems like it was written by somebody with an extensive vocabulary, not a street thug. I doubt the prison schools are working that well. Nonetheless, its shameful that this article would even be published. Convicted murderers' advice is worth exactly nothing to me, as it should be to everyone else.

"I had two prior gun charges before I killed with an assault rifle."
    Sig 210 likes this.

I agree, this appears this story appears to be heavily scrubbed\enhanced to forward a Liberal agenda. I don't think a street thug would care about specific politicians, bills, and ect and he is very specific. The M16 is also confusing, as it's highly unlikely to be obtained via a straw purchase as his blog suggest. However it does point to a gun-ignorant activist author. Even if we assume it was a AR15, his booking date (Linked in story) was 2-2004. The AWB didn't sunset until 9-2004.

TTP: It doesn't matter who wrote this. Since the rifle he used could not have been obtained via a legal purchase, his entire theory of "If I couldn't get a gun, I wouldn't have commit the murder" is completely worthless.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    So we are supposed to take advice from someone so weakminded that they can be convinced to do somethng they consider morally reprehensible?

I'll pass.
    Manderinobyebye likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I agree, this appears this story appears to be heavily scrubbed\enhanced to forward a Liberal agenda. I don't think a street thug would care about specific politicians, bills, and ect and he is very specific. The M16 is also confusing, as it's highly unlikely to be obtained via a straw purchase as his blog suggest. However it does point to a gun-ignorant activist author. Even if we assume it was a AR15, his booking date (Linked in story) was 2-2004. The AWB didn't sunset until 9-2004.

TTP: It doesn't matter who wrote this. Since the rifle he used could not have been obtained via a legal purchase, his entire theory of "If I couldn't get a gun, I wouldn't have commit the murder" is completely worthless.
    Yep. His arguement that America allowed him to get the gun is full of it.

He actively broke laws to get that gun.

Ha! He is a criminal, we do not care what he thinks. The gun didn't make him do anything, neither did America. This is the typical BS they try to get people to believe. Yeah, dude YOU are the victim... Pansy.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Just consider the source. Of course, with this article it is hard to determine if the source and the author are one and the same.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Definite ghost writer

If I spend more time outside, will the chances increase that an M16 will fall out the sky into my hands (only while in the US of course)?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrkr View Post

A Convicted Murderer's Case for Gun Control - Atlantic Mobile

"Despite the Xanax dulling my emotions, my heart pounded when I picked up the M16. A rush of power surged through me when I felt the trigger. I pointed in the driver's side window... and squeezed..."

Emphasis added. I don't even think this was really written by a murderer. He claimed to use an M16 and the rest of the article seems like it was written by somebody with an extensive vocabulary, not a street thug. I doubt the prison schools are working that well. Nonetheless, its shameful that this article would even be published. Convicted murderers' advice is worth exactly nothing to me, as it should be to everyone else.

"I had two prior gun charges before I killed with an assault rifle."
    Very well written piece of fiction.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Yep, to some anti-gun zealots murderers have a great deal of credibility.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    "Despite the Xanax dulling my emotions, my heart pounded when I picked up the claw hammer. A rush of power surged through me when I felt the smooth graphite handle. I approached the driver's side window... and swung..."

"Despite the Xanax dulling my emotions, my heart pounded when I picked up the bowie knife. A rush of power surged through me when I felt the ivory covered handle. I approached the driver's side window... and stabbed..."

He has lost his rights. I do not give two hoots what he thinks of mine...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Imagine that. A murderer trying to place ALL of the blame on the gun and not himself. Nope, no self-serving agenda there...
    dangerranger likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I wonder if the Lib journalist made moon eyes at the muscled Con he ghost wrote for?
    Sig 210 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Actually there are many inmates who can write that well, Some are also artistic. But they are also criminals. The drivel about how he has bought "leagal" guns, and only the gun made him do it, are just him rationalising what he has done. And he is working up this slick story to try and con the next parroll board into bealiving he has reformed. After all he is helping us by writing these thoughtful articles to keep others from going down that path! Yes this looks like the work of an inmate but no inmate ever helps you out unless he thinks hes helping himself. DR

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Actually there are many inmates who can write that well, Some are also artistic. But they are also criminals. The drivel about how he has bought "leagal" guns, and only the gun made him do it, are just him rationalising what he has done. And he is working up this slick story to try and con the next parroll board into bealiving he has reformed. After all he is helping us by writing these thoughtful articles to keep others from going down that path! Yes this looks like the work of an inmate but no inmate ever helps you out unless he thinks hes helping himself. DR
    I have known a few well educated inmates but they were usually preoccupied with Middle Ground or NAMBLA. Maybe they are different in your neck of the woods. Still looks ghost written to me.
    Sig 210 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links