*M&P Shield Safety Alert* IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE

*M&P Shield Safety Alert* IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE

This is a discussion on *M&P Shield Safety Alert* IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE - August 22, 2013 I searched the forums & didn't come up with anything, so here it is. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By OldVet

Thread: *M&P Shield Safety Alert* IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar

Exclamation *M&P Shield Safety Alert* IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE

IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT and INSPECTION PROCEDURE - August 22, 2013

I searched the forums & didn't come up with anything, so here it is.

M&P Shield Safety Alert - Smith & Wesson

BREAKING: Smith and Wesson Issues Safety Alert for M&P Shield Handguns

IF this has already been posted i apologize.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    First Tangle and his Glocks, and now this. It's getting to be where it ain't safe to own a gun anymore.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I was about to post this - glad I searched first and thanks for posting, Christopher..

Reckin' we just need to carry old revolvers nowadays? The more I read, the more I like my (wife's) SP-101..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    I was about to post this - glad I searched first and thanks for posting, Christopher..

Reckin' we just need to carry old revolvers nowadays? The more I read, the more I like my (wife's) SP-101..

I'll still buy semi-auto handguns, its like any product you buy these days, seems like theres always an issue with something lol. Im sure S&W will fix it. I've never owned a revolver, are they like bulletproof or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    I'll still buy semi-auto handguns, its like any product you buy these days, seems like theres always an issue with something lol. Im sure S&W will fix it. I've never owned a revolver, are they like bulletproof or something?
    Fewer moving parts and they hold up better against lack of maintenance. You pull a revolver's trigger and it goes bang. If it doesn't go bang you just pull the trigger and try the next cylinder. With a semi auto, you have to clear any malfunction before firing again and you're screwed if your magazine fails.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    Fewer moving parts and they hold up better against lack of maintenance. You pull a revolver's trigger and it goes bang. If it doesn't go bang you just pull the trigger and try the next cylinder. With a semi auto, you have to clear any malfunction before firing again and you're screwed if your magazine fails.

I like the fact that my Glock 17 holds 17+1 though lol, or my Glock 23 13+1. Or for the Glock 17 i can use a 33round mag & the 22 round mag for my 23, not sure i could get use to a revolver.

Sponsored Links